RomanArmyTalk
Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Wax modeling and casting of our models! (/showthread.php?tid=17759)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Rado - 10-22-2012

My brother Jordan liked this Roman eagle and decided to make it:
http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/LotDetailsPrintable.aspx?intObjectID=3993900
Аrtifact published in Christie’s auction: Bronze eagle roundel, the baldric attachment with a central stylized eagle surrounded by an annular openwork inscription reading "OPTIME MAXIME CON[SERVA]", 3rd Century A.D. with published sizes
2¼ in. (5.7 cm.)
[Image: f8634cf1422a.jpg]

These are stages of wax work:
[Image: 3thcenturybeltues9.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And now my creative long and difficult project “3 th century Baldric from Zugmantel Germany” Saalburg museum . I starting with wax work.
[Image: 3thcenturybeltues17.jpg]

Me and my brother Jordan after a long work achieved this result.Cleaned and polished ready for mounting on leather.
[Image: collages3.jpg]

Inscription on the application is:OPTIME MAXIME CON(SERBVA). Dedicated to the Roman god Jupiter, which symbol is a eagle.
[Image: 3thcenturybeltues12.jpg]

Inscription on the plate application is:NVMERVM OMNEVM
[Image: 3thcenturybeltues14.jpg]

Inscription on the pending application is: MILITANTVM
[Image: 3thcenturybeltues15.jpg]

A finished 3-th century Baldric fittings (mounted on leather)
[Image: img0872vv.jpg]

[Image: 18392036205762425571356.jpg]

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - gaiusseptimiuslucianus - 10-22-2012

Rado,

Wow, that's fantastic! I've done some lost wax casting myself and am filled with admiration at the quality of your work.

Best,

Lucianus

Thank you Gaius
It is all depends on the time that you devote to a project and from.. experience Smile.

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Rado - 12-09-2012

Quote:Applique-Depicting the Head of Cupid. 1st AD
Once the I saw this pendant-application in a website (which I can not find now to give а link). I decided that this is a very beautiful article: it was described as: Applique-Depicting the Head of Cupid. 1st AD. Head of Cupid upon on 'dolphin-tail' crescent. Measures 44 mm by 34 mm. It will serve me for a belt pendants and other ornaments on clothes and military equipment.
[Image: 4b384b65fb83.jpg]
Accidentally while looking for information in the network I found a website that I had lost Smile. I wondered where I've seen this Applique-Depicting the Head of Cupid. http://www.ancientresource.com/lots/roman_artifacts.html

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Rado - 12-16-2012

In this my revamped model of dagger frogs from(Cortesia Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum - Mainz-D) First Century AD ,I changed from my primary specimens (from the older photos) the hinges.My first specimens were with smaller -narrower hinges.
[Image: 34340246.jpg]

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Rado - 01-03-2013

After I met the book “Militaria Sisciensia “from Radman-Livaja I made several attempts to recreate the wonderful Roman buckle ( probably first century A.D.)

[Image: buckleofsisak1.th.jpg]

In the book is clearly described by the authors on Croatian language that on the buckle has traces of silver plating.So I'm silver plating this model with a silver 925 sample. Collage is together with stages of my wax work.

[Image: radmanlivajamilitariasi.th.jpg]

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Rado - 01-03-2013

This is a picture of the same buckle from the Museum in Zagreb together with my finished model collage. Picture are provided to me from a friend who has visited the museum.
[Image: sisak2.th.jpg]

The buckle are shown without tongue so I mounted on one of my standard tongue from different model of Roman buckle.

[Image: buckleofsisak.th.jpg]

Re: Wax modeling and casting of our models! - Rado - 01-14-2013

[Image: desktop2r.th.jpg]
This is my new mouthpiece version of Roman CORNO from Mainz museum.