RomanArmyTalk
The last film you watched.... - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Recreational Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: The last film you watched.... (/showthread.php?tid=13172)

Re: The last film you watched.... - Octavianvs - 10-31-2008

Quote:screaming entrails...

Screaming entrails? :twisted: Confusedhock: now that would be something to see :lol:

Re: The last film you watched.... - Libitina - 11-01-2008

Quote:
Libitina:1n4j49hk Wrote:screaming entrails...

Screaming entrails? :twisted: Confusedhock: now that would be something to see :lol:

Tongue

and surely the name of a death metal band somewhere Big Grin

Re: The last film you watched.... - Virilis - 11-01-2008

Just watched NORBIT!

-"What, you said you were pregnant!?"

-"Nah, it was just gas. Here is your baby: PROOOOT!"

- "?????"

-"PROOOOT!!! You just got twins!"

Now that`s humour :wink: !

Re: The last film you watched.... - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-01-2008

Quote:Saw V

Did not like the ending :x

Ahhhh, not as in 'I saw "V"' :roll:

Re: The last film you watched.... - Narukami - 11-02-2008

Quote:
Libitina:dpqogx1p Wrote:Saw V

Did not like the ending :x

Ahhhh, not as in 'I saw "V"' :roll:

As a matter of fact...

They are re-making that old TV show right now. Difficult to say how closely it will follow the old story line (alien reptiles come to earth disguised as humans with the intention of farming the planet and consuming all of the water and humans they can stomach) but no doubt the new version will have many more explosions -- bigger and better thanks to CGI.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081010g.php

http://www.tv.com/story/11714.html

Ah Hollywood -- why create something original when you can just do a remake... :roll:

:wink:

Narukami

Re: The last film you watched.... - Magnus - 11-02-2008

I only remember snippets of that show, since I was really young, but I think it was cool from what I can recall...

Saw "Body of Lies" with Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe. It was what you would expect of such a movie, but overall it was pretty cool.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Narukami - 11-02-2008

Quote:I only remember snippets of that show, since I was really young, but I think it was cool from what I can recall...

Yes it had some moments and a couple of interesting ideas (used before in Sci-Fi but nice to see again) however eventually it devolved into pretty standard TV fair. Even so, as the old saying goes, even bad sci-fi is better than no sci-fi. Mostly...

The actress who played the villain lives up the street -- she has fond memories of the series and it has certainly served her well. Now she runs a theatre group specializing in Shakespeare. Perhaps the re-make will garner interest in the old series and she will enjoy some increased residuals. An unintended benefit that I would support.

Narukami

Re: The last film you watched.... - Robert Vermaat - 11-02-2008

Quote:
Magnus:2id4d477 Wrote:I only remember snippets of that show, since I was really young, but I think it was cool from what I can recall...
Yes it had some moments and a couple of interesting ideas (used before in Sci-Fi but nice to see again) however eventually it devolved into pretty standard TV fair. Even so, as the old saying goes, even bad sci-fi is better than no sci-fi. Mostly...
True, in a sense. I was pretty spoiled by the time "V" was shown. Star Trek, Dr. Who, Blake's Seven (now that was scary stuff, even though made from cardboard and plastic), each of them outplaying the "V" storyline by miles. I mean, it was a bit like "The A-team" - folks getting weapons and (without any worldwide organisation, still beating a totally superior dominant alien race.. :?

But if the remake is anything like the Battlestar Galactica remake - yeah!

Quote:The actress who played the villain lives up the street
Wow, famous neighbours! Big Grin

Re: The last film you watched.... - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 11-02-2008

Last movie: the mist

one of the best King adaptions ... scary

Quote:
Narukami:2so0j0g9 Wrote:The actress who played the villain lives up the street
Wow, famous neighbours! Big Grin

Errr ... is she really an actress? :?

I hope we've got some red-dust bacteria left. Wink

Re: The last film you watched.... - Narukami - 11-03-2008

Indeed -- if "They" do for V what they did for the re-make of Battlestar then it might be worth watching. We can hope.

As for her acting ability... well, her Shakespeare group is doing well in both their public and in-school presentations so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. But I do take your point.

:oops:

Narukami

Re: The last film you watched.... - Tiberius Clodius Corvinus - 11-09-2008

Quote:As for her acting ability... well, her Shakespeare group is doing well in both their public and in-school presentations so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. But I do take your point.

:oops:

Narukami

Oh, I didn't mean her acting qualities. I was trying to make a joke about REAL aliens hiding on earth disguised as actors. I obviously failed on this one Sad

After all she and Donovan are the only characters I remember.
Loved the series.

Re: The last film you watched.... - Narukami - 11-09-2008

Not at all Tiberius, not at all.

Your joke was well aimed, well intended and well received -- I just need to wake-up and be more attentive to the subtlety.

I think the series had more potential than it realized, or until it devolved into a pretty standard TV series.

In fact I found the initial idea of the series interesting enough to write an episode treatment dealing with the aliens employing an elite team of humans (from another planet in their empire) to hunt down and kill or capture the leaders of the resistance. Of course, breaking into an established series is neigh on impossible so this became yet another idea sitting in a box somewhere in my garage.

If Robert is correct and the new producers give V the same care and attention the producers of the new Battlestar gave that old war horse then the new V could be quite good.

As always, time will tell.

Narukami

Re: The last film you watched.... - Virilis - 11-09-2008

Just watched the "SPEED-RACER" with a movie projector on a Blu-Ray. Good clean old-fashioned fun and a real eye-candy :wink: ...

Re: The last film you watched.... - Dutchhoplite - 11-10-2008

All episodes of "Hammer house of horror".

8)

Re: The last film you watched.... - Gaius Julius Caesar - 11-10-2008

Schindlers List....well, parts of on seperate days, in no chronological order...the bit last night was the psycho camp commandant taking pot shots at hapless inmates.... :evil: