RomanArmyTalk
HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Research Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: References & Reviews (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the (/showthread.php?tid=2040)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - FAVENTIANVS - 11-21-2006

Prepare to cry comiles... Cry (IMHO)

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - Robert Vermaat - 11-21-2006

Quote:I swear I am going to cry--and that takes a lot--if Vorenus and Pullo end up fighting each other... Sad
Better - killing each other! Now THAT would be a dramatic close to series II! :twisted:

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - Virilis - 11-21-2006

A funny co-incident: "Pullo" means "bottle" in finnish :wink: ...

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - RUBICON - 11-21-2006

Better - killing each other! Now THAT would be a dramatic close to series II!

or maybe after killing eachother, we discover they are BROTHERS! Confusedhock:

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - Robert Vermaat - 11-21-2006

Quote:
Vortigern Studies:yx274ina Wrote:Better - killing each other! Now THAT would be a dramatic close to series II! :twisted:
or maybe after killing eachother, we discover they are ROTHERS! Confusedhock:
And CAESAR is their father! Big Grin

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - SOCL - 11-21-2006

Quote:
RUBICON:ct7xtef0 Wrote:
Vortigern Studies:ct7xtef0 Wrote:Better - killing each other! Now THAT would be a dramatic close to series II! :twisted:
or maybe after killing eachother, we discover they are ROTHERS! Confusedhock:
And CAESAR is their father! Big Grin
Confusedhock:
:?

...anyway, if you watch the YouTube bit on Season 2, you'll notice Pullo comes back and according to a snippet is watching Vorenus' back. So they aren't completely split. And it seems that the climax of the series is going to be Actium, or at least the civil war between Octavian and Antony as Philipi is already listed as the second episode...

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - RUBICON - 11-21-2006

Well, the pushing around of Octavian, will surely lead us to him taking a stance against Antony, who already has his eyes on Cleoptatra.

In any case, I cant wait!

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - Uwe Bahr - 12-14-2006

[size=150:15hzxhl9]Yippie - I just won an Ebay auction about Season 1 with all 5 DVD's for 13,37 € only[/size]

Happy greetings - Uwe

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-14-2006

"or maybe after killing eachother, we discover they are BROTHERS! "

or sisters? Confusedhock: :lol:

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - RUBICON - 12-14-2006

or sisters?

Now that is a twist.

I too have the complete series and they are currently playing the show on Australian tv as we speak. (or type)

It does look amazing Seres 2 of what Ive seen in its trailers so I too wait with anticiaption, as the battle scene looks pretty intense and amazing.

Other than Gladiator, I am yet to see a convincing battle scene of the Roman army juggernaut in action. It must have been an amazing sight to see the front lines cut their way through the enemy, like a shark swimming through small bait!

I too own the CD's OFF ebay.... all were home made copies..take note if BOXED SET is blank on the description.

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs - 12-14-2006

Season II starts January 14 in the states.

Damn!

Well I will be keeping a close eye out here in this forum as you all critique the new series.

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - Cornelius Quintus - 12-14-2006

Quote:[size=150:c8mqvoa6]Yippie - I just won an Ebay auction about Season 1 with all 5 DVD's for 13,37 € only[/size]

Ave Uwe,

I'm looking for the series, too. But I'm a little bit confused.
On ebay Germany there are 5 multi language DVD's with box
or 5 DVD's without box, all stating a running time of 642 min.

On Amazon UK, the English (only ?) version contains 6 DVD's and 720 min...

However, 13 Euro is a very good price. Congrats!

Re: HBO\'s "Rome" to present more realistic look at the - Niedel - 01-10-2007

Top, since season 2 is about to start (in the U.S. on the 14th). Supposedly, we get a big set-piece battle scene this time (maybe Philippi?).