RomanArmyTalk
RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend (/showthread.php?tid=22456)

Pages: 1 2

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - jvrjenivs - 11-16-2013

hereby a poll to choose the date for the 2014 RAT conference, which will be in Trier, Germany.
Please only vote if you've a SERIOUS INTEREST in joining the conference, as we need numbers to let it happen.

Last years conference was in may, but that can interfere with the IRM (villa borg) and Roman Army school (Durham) which will both be in the first weekend of may. I
Let's vote.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - Vindex - 11-16-2013

Praiseworthy though the intent is to get this organised asap, I for one would want to know what the content of the conference was going to be before expressing an interest.

For example, if it was First Century orientated, I'd say yes, if much later, then no.

Thoughts?

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - Medusa Gladiatrix - 11-16-2013

I hadn't been aware that we have had decided definite on Trier. Hopefully someone will organize it. Unfortunately I cannot attend any date during the first half of 2014 since I'm preparing for our gig together with the gladiator school Amor Mortis at Xanten. This means I have to go once per month to Cologne for a mutual training session and I definitely don't wanna do much more travel besides that.

Hence I would prefer any date in the second half, something in late October or early November like our first meeting had been.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - jvrjenivs - 11-17-2013

@Moi: that all depend on who's joining. Everyone who's joining will be asked to see if they can give a short talk on their speciality. I can see myself adding something on 1st century cavalry, for instance. Therefore, nothing can be said on the program (unless the topic you add yourself) until we know who's able to join.

@Medusa. See the other topic. Trier had by far the most votes. It also had three people opting to organise it, including Christian and me. And to start before timetables gets to busy, I thought it time to set the date. I think we shifted for early in the year as them more people were able to join, but I don't have any problems with switching back to the end of the season, if more are happy to do so.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - jvrjenivs - 11-21-2013

No more then 5 persons interested in joining the conference? That would mean we have to skip this edition.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - Flavivs Aetivs - 11-21-2013

Actually I voted because I had noticed nobody had voted and thought it might get a little participation. I would love to go but can't afford it. For reference though I voted on the date that would best work for me if I went, so it wasn't like I just randomly picked a date.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - Sean Manning - 12-01-2013

Quote:No more then 5 persons interested in joining the conference? That would mean we have to skip this edition.
I don't think that not voting implies lack of interest, since one can miss posts or not have time to log in or not be able to commit far in advance. Still, RAT waxes quiet.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - jvrjenivs - 12-01-2013

Yes, therefore that reply to get the post 'under the eyes' again. Wink

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - Flavivs Aetivs - 12-01-2013

I stickied it so it wont get buried underneath the other threads in this forum. I'll unsticky it when the vote is over.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - jvrjenivs - 01-04-2014

Looking at the results sofar the most favoured options are March 28 - 30, April 18 - 20 and April 25 - 27.
I myself would be unable to come when it's the weekend in March, so what about the weekend of 18-20 april? (which ironically was my favourite). Although I could also join one week later, but would need to know about that really soon.
Any thoughts?

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - Nathan Ross - 01-04-2014

18-20 April works well for me - and for anyone else working in a university I suspect... Wink

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - Flavivs Aetivs - 01-04-2014

That's the date I had voted (even though I can't go) because it coincides with my spring break. Discount or count it if you like.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - caiusbeerquitius - 01-05-2014

April 18 - 20 is OK for me.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - Graham Sumner - 01-09-2014

April 18-20 would work best for me too!

The Durham Roman Army School is in April as well.

Graham.

RAT conference 2014 (Trier) - which weekend - jvrjenivs - 01-10-2014

Okay. April 18-20 it is then.

Jurjen