RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 12-19-2009

And I made some progress with my centurio kit Big Grin
[Image: centurio2.jpg]

I'm still not totally satisfied with it, but there is some more stuff to finish on my working bench, so someday soon it will hopefully be improved with a new helmet, gladius and subarmalis.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 12-19-2009

Looks great Jurjen (as usual)! May I ask what helmet are you planning to buy / make yourself?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 12-19-2009

Quote:Looks great Jurjen (as usual)! May I ask what helmet are you planning to buy / make yourself?

Of course. It will be a Weisenau type. Photo's will of course be posted when I've finished it, but that will need some time. (I have to admit I got some pieces to start with and I mainly will do the decorations and end assembly myself. So far I don't want to even think about to try to raise a bowl myself)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 12-19-2009

Sounds interesting Big Grin !

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - sulla felix - 12-20-2009

Looking good Jurjen!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Tim Edwards - 12-22-2009

Happy Christmas to one and all!

(On the Hochfeldberg at -20°C!!)

[attachment=1:1aijfkwf]<!-- ia1 14531_101818603179903_100000552924757_47022_7824539_n[1].jpg<!-- ia1 [/attachment:1aijfkwf]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 12-22-2009

Great shots Tim. That is what I have been wanting to do for a long time.....never have the snow and kit together in the same place though!
Excellent impression!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 12-25-2009

Quote:Hi.
Just thought I would post these pictures of my kit.
Nice work David! Just this - the fibula should be on your other shoulder. :wink:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Rhun - 12-26-2009

Hi Robert.
Right you are, but quite honestly, I can't put it on myself on my right shoulder. I' ll try to work on it.
All the best,
David

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - John Conyard - 12-26-2009

Don't worry about it Smile Put the pin in the cloak before putting the cloak on, and consider sewing the brooch in place and never removing it.

Best wishes

John

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 12-27-2009

Quote:consider sewing the brooch in place and never removing it.
Exactly. John advised well - otherwise you'd end up with a looooot of holes in your nice mantle, which would ruin it!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Doc - 01-10-2010

Excellent Tim,

That picture now makes me wonder if officers also owned a hooded cloak. The sagum, AFAIK, has no hood so in cold snowy weather like that, what would an officer have worn?

Jurgen,

Are you referring to the parts you are using for the "Gallic D".

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 01-10-2010

Quote:Excellent Tim,

That picture now makes me wonder if officers also owned a hooded cloak. The sagum, AFAIK, has no hood so in cold snowy weather like that, what would an officer have worn?

Jurgen,

Are you referring to the parts you are using for the "Gallic D".

The sagum is often worn with a portion folded back. This material can easily be pulled over the head. Even without the folded back portion it can be pulled over the head without problems...

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 01-10-2010

I believe they also wore the paenula too.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - CASurfer - 01-11-2010

This is my Aquilifer impression. I don't usually have facial hair at all in my kit, but this was at a drill during the off-season. So, let me know what you guys think. I don't mind some constructive criticism.