RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 08-02-2010

Quote:few more pictures from the winter war
Nice! How cold was it? Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - lycii - 08-02-2010

not cold, -15)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Titus Martius - 08-03-2010

Me as optio Cohortis V Pr...

[Image: P1110417.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-03-2010

Hmmm, there is something wrong with that crest...I think you should send it to me so I can examine it more closely.... :mrgreen:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Flavius Promotus - 08-06-2010

I know these pics may come a bit late, but somehow I just didn't find the opportunity and the energy to post them before.
Anyway, they were taken during a short trip (slightly more than three hours) in the mountains in Eastern Bavaria last February.
Our group comprised three heavily armed legionaries and a light armed lanciarius from the 3rd century AD. The cold wind was not the biggest problem, as carrying all the equipment up the hill still kept us from freezing. What gave us a hard time was the deep snow - in some places we literally were knee-deep in it, and it seriously slowed us down. The snow was not too deep once we had reached the summit (1035 m above sea level), but standing in the cold wind effectively kept us from enjoying the moment. Nevertheless, it was quite an interesting experience. Maybe we'll do it again in one of the next years Smile

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-07-2010

Deep snow can do tha tyou know, ......even in modern clothes :wink:

Great pics though. One day i hope to get a winter set of photos done....once I get my second Century kit finished.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Vindex - 08-07-2010

Some excellent photos - especially yours, Florian - very evocative!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Flavius Promotus - 08-08-2010

Thanks! Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Phaichtos - 08-08-2010

Hey all, I recently joined up the other day after "lurking" for a few years. I just wanted to say to everyone who has posted pictures in this--or any other--thread: well done! It is truly impressive to see that so many people are out there who care about the ancient world as much as I do, and who put so much thought and care into their reconstructions of ancient arms and dress. Though I've wanted to for years, I haven't personally been able to get into reenactment yet because as a university student I have neither the money nor the requisite metal-working skills to begin buying or creating this stuff myself yet. Hopefully one day though! Big Grin

Anyway, again, cheers to all of you on your amazing work! Smile

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Claudius Cirrus - 08-08-2010

@Phaichtos
Thank you very much! Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Agraes - 08-14-2010

Really brilliant stuff Florian! Wonderful pictures and equipment.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Tim Edwards - 08-15-2010

Messing about in the water - me far left.[attachment=0:1c06t4kh]<!-- ia0 Picture 035.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1c06t4kh]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-15-2010

Second from right looks to be close to swamping it..... Confusedhock: :lol:
Where was this taken?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - garrelt - 08-16-2010

I thought Romans build bridges for crossing pictures. Big Grin

Nice picture Tim.
I like this way of trying out recreated material.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Graham Sumner - 08-17-2010

Quote:Second from right looks to be close to swamping it.....

If you think that is bad.... you should see the guy whose shoulders he is standing on!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Graham.

Nice picture Tim, thanks for sharing!