RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Paul Elliott - 10-23-2011

Nice Virilis, I always think it helps an impression greatly when I have an actual year, unit and campaign in mind.

I'll have to wait till the summer now, but why don't I portray a soldier on Julian's Persian campaign? I live by the beach, i can use the sand dunes to give a good impression of the desert!!!

Quote:A light skirmisher of emperor Julian`s army in Gaul, raiding the frontiers river-systems Wink . This is made of my old gear, I just need a scutum...

[Image: skirmisher.jpg]

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 10-23-2011

Yes Paul, I have exactly the same attitude on this silly hobby Wink !

I envy you guys when all the real "places" are at your feet! "Should I go to the Hadrian's wall? Nah, it's too far, almost a mile away...". Even the american re-enactors easily find some athmospheric scenes where to photo-shoot their impression, be it a desert or seaside etc. Not here Cry ...

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Caballo - 10-23-2011

Your pictures are excellent, Virilis- great impressions. And the unspoilt countryside is, I think more authentic than a battered Hadrians Wall. But both look better than Londinium where I live!

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 10-23-2011

Thanks Paul! The only advantage I can think of as a re-enactor living in Finland is that we have an exact copy of Boudicca as a president!

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Vindex - 10-23-2011

Quote:Thanks Paul! The only advantage I can think of as a re-enactor living in Finland is that we have an exact copy of Boudicca as a president!

ROFL :lol:

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 10-25-2011

Quote:Impression from our summerhouse:
Great stuff Jyrki. I hope to see it up close next year. :wink:

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 10-27-2011

Quote:
Virilis post=298446 Wrote:Impression from our summerhouse:

Thanks Robert! I will swim over the baltic sea in full harness, just to show you silly batavians :wink: !

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 10-27-2011

Quote:Thanks Robert! I will swim over the baltic sea in full harness, just to show you silly batavians :wink: !

And I will come to the baltic sea to see you doing that! You better start practising :p

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 10-27-2011

Jurjen, that's a deal 8) !

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 10-27-2011

Quote:Thanks Robert! I will swim over the baltic sea in full harness, just to show you silly batavians :wink: !
Dude! That will ruin your nice outfit!

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 10-28-2011

Quote:
Robert Vermaat post=298702 Wrote:
Virilis post=298446 Wrote:Impression from our summerhouse:

Thanks Robert! I will swim over the baltic sea in full harness, just to show you silly batavians :wink: !

I bags your new helmet and sword..... :grin:

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 10-31-2011

Late Roman Clibinarius (work in progress). Pictures by Gerard Zoethout (Gemina Project)

[Image: clibinarius.jpg]

[Image: clibinarius2.jpg]

[Image: clibinarius3.jpg]

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Caballo - 10-31-2011

Fantastic- is this a professional photoshoot? Looking very good indeed!!

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - jvrjenivs - 10-31-2011

Quote:Fantastic- is this a professional photoshoot? Looking very good indeed!!

Yes, it was a professional photoshoot, although these pictures are not the 'real ones'. It's for the photobook the RMRS has been photographed also for, last year in Nijmegen, to be published next year.

Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 10-31-2011

Mighty awesome Confusedhock: !!!!!