RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Show here your Roman soldier impression - arklore70 - 03-24-2013

I just remembered I had not added a more updated picture of me as a Centurio.

This was taken at Clash of Iron this year, a great event with a huge showing of both Roman and Celt participants.

[attachment=6788]IMG_1432.jpg[/attachment]

I secured my doubler by tying it down, although I was earlier using a set of hamata hooks made by Matt Lukes.

The Leuvin Pugio was made by Mark Morrow, and the Gladius is of the Klein Winterheim find made by Matt Lukes, with the grip, guard and pommel made of boxwood.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Roman Military History is 4 Me - 03-24-2013

Looks cool dude!

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 03-24-2013

Quote:I just remembered I had not added a more updated picture of me as a Centurio.

This was taken at Clash of Iron this year, a great event with a huge showing of both Roman and Celt participants.

I secured my doubler by tying it down, although I was earlier using a set of hamata hooks made by Matt Lukes.

The Leuvin Pugio was made by Mark Morrow, and the Gladius is of the Klein Winterheim find made by Matt Lukes, with the grip, guard and pommel made of boxwood.

Awesome Col. Daniels! I wish I could have been there this year. Hope to see you at the Summerville Italian Fest.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 03-24-2013

[quote="Brian" post=333645]My son is studying about Roman History in school. We built an earthwork wall with spikes and dug a small ditch below it. This is him guarding the wall from a possible pict invasion.

Ha! I wish they taught Roman History over here in Grade School. I had to learn everything from the History channel...

:|

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 03-27-2013

Great stuff Mike! Any pictures of the Pugio?

Show here your Roman soldier impression - arklore70 - 03-27-2013

Yep!,
here is a picture of both the pugio and the gladius.

The pugio was made completely by Mark Morrow.
The gladius was made completely by Matt Lukes.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 03-27-2013

Quote:The Leuvin Pugio was made by Mark Morrow, and the Gladius is of the Klein Winterheim find made by Matt Lukes, with the grip, guard and pommel made of boxwood.

Hi Mike, that should be the Leeuwen pugio, found in Holland.

I've seen it called the 'Leuven pugio' too in the past (Leuven being a town in Belgium). Leuvin is a new one... but it really is 'Leeuwen' ;-)

Best regards,
Jef

Jef,
You are absolutely correct and that is what I get for rushing the post.

Thanks for pointing it out brother!!

My apologies to Leeuwen.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 03-27-2013

What's that inscripted on the Gladius?

It's my Roman name, abbreviated.
It appears a second time also showing that I am a Centurio now.

There are a few blades and other artifacts that not only have the Soldier and Centurio's name on it but also where the Soldier was promoted.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 03-27-2013

Didn't know that. Nifty.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Timianus - 03-28-2013

Quote:I am a bit on the short side but it doest help when the Centurion is 6 ft. and Brutus is approx. 6' 4"

...sorry for any confusion on the height thing. I was making a jovial reference to the original Star Wars movie......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BcvZoUn9yA

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Pointer - 04-07-2013

Although not totally historically accurate, this is my son Matthew in or Easter Production entitled: "REVEALED". We added the greaves for flash and effect. The skirt, is vinyl (But it is theatre) ANd the sandals are not Caligae. But it worked well for the production. THe left half of the armor was left unclean and tarnished and the right side was cleaned. THis was also a theatrical purpose to show the transformation of this character.

THis is my son who gave us twin grandsons. One of them (Owen) was born with a heart defect. He went through 5 open heart surgeries and valve replacements as well as numerous stomach operations. He received a Heart Transplant at 11 months. He is now 18 months old and doing well.

My son Matt had to rehearse most of his lines for this production at Children's Hospital in the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor Michigan, USA.

I know this "Kit" is not historically accurate... but it is on it's way! Just wanted to show my son off more then the armor!

The other pictures are my wife and my son and my son and I. I play an old man in his 90's and it takes me 3 hours to get into make up.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - tiberius aemilius naso - 04-08-2013

The set is really cool. So as the impressions!
Owen will have a cool kit available when he grows up!

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Pointer - 04-08-2013

It's funny... I own the the kit... and told Owen a while ago that it is his when he grows up! "Owen" means "Little Warrior!" And he certainly has been through this whole ordeal. He smiles through it all. I will post a picture of the whole set. We are a small church with a huge vision!