RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 08-25-2014

Here is my late roman "off-duty" impression. I think I know now how to wear the sagum, after years of struggle... Wink

Show here your Roman soldier impression - M. Val. Naso - 08-25-2014

Do you wear a standard rectangular one? How do you reach the look, when the lower hem is parallel to the ground? I always have one edge looking downwards.

Mark, this is an oval cloak (2,8 x 3,0 metres) which is folded in half. The dark rectangular decorations help with the placing of the fibula and folding the cloak greatly.

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Longovicium - 08-25-2014

Great pictures - that middle pose looks suspiciously familiar . . . Cool

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 08-25-2014

Great pose, great pictures. Smile

Thanks guys! Francis, didn't quite get the sleepy & dreamy expression of the mosaic. Wink

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Quintus Claudius Scaevola - 09-01-2014

Here's a set taken at archery practice during our last training camp-out...

...I've got to remember to make a bandage for my arm; my 'USMC' tattoo keeps peaking out from under a sleeve. :oops:

[attachment=10649]Archer-1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=10650]Archer-2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=10651]Archer-3.jpg[/attachment]

Show here your Roman soldier impression - 1493541 - 09-01-2014

Quintus brittanicus, love the carry quote at the bottom of your profile. 2nd amendment ftw

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 09-04-2014

Recent event with the RMRS at Scarbourough Castle. Firing a multitude of Artillery pieces.

[attachment=10684]10519002_10152672446726495_2009006500779153570_n.jpg[/attachment]

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Achillea Narcissa Octavia - 09-10-2014

I belong to an SCA legion, so my armor is somewhat incorrect (have to wear a gorget, leg and knee armor, hand armor, as well as elbows). The segmentata is wax hardened leather, helm is mild steel. For the sake of money when I was first starting out, I had to go with the leather, but I have a steel one in the works right now Big Grin I'll post another pic once that's all done. Hoping to put a crest on the helm as I have been promoted to Centurion, and get some greaves, a subarmalis, and (eventually) make myself a squamata for show. The period for my persona is 1st century AD, Northern Italy.

The last pic is just a fun one of me fighting with my scutum. Yeah I know, it's rigged incorrectly...working on that too Smile

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 09-14-2014

[Image: r2i4i18.jpg]

[Image: UeZIXOe.jpg]

[Image: 0dWL4Qz.jpg]

[Image: h8UbbMZ.jpg]

Show here your Roman soldier impression - FlaviusCrispus - 09-15-2014

My quickly put-together impression of a Tetrarchic officer, circa AD 285-310, for a program on Arms and the Man at the Getty Villa in Malibu, CA Sept. 13, 2014. Tunic, shoes and baldric fittings provided by Al-Hamdd Trading Post; sword is a Deepeeka Late Roman spatha, the hat, belt (with mid-3rd century hound-chasing-hare belt plates), cloak, baldric and breeches / leg wrappings all made by yours truly over about three evenings. I'm quite happy with how this fellow turned out and plan to use him again! Somebody pointed out my Mussolini-like pose and I have to admit the outfit makes you want to strut around with your chest and chin thrust out...

...Also I must acknowledge the great help and vision of my partner and "image consultant," Lorie Ann Hambly, in assembling this outfit. She really knows how to put a "look" together...

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Flavivs Aetivs - 09-15-2014

Awesome impression!

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Virilis - 09-16-2014

Very nice impression! The decorative band around the "pileus pannonicus" is a good idea. Beware, you just might get hooked by late roman "awesomeness" eventually. Wink

Show here your Roman soldier impression - Robert Vermaat - 09-16-2014

Good job Evan and David!
David, the belt is new to me and looks very good on you. Keep up the good work!