RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 08-29-2007

Quote:It doesn't say where he had them made or who made them Jef. : Smile

That's true :wink: I suggest you send Wim a PM and ask yourself. He'll be happy to tell you I'm sure. I know he makes a lot of stuff himself so perhaps he made these himself too.

Vale,

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-29-2007

I see! Now I figured someone here might know.
Do you have his e-mail address? Wim rings a bell, but he obviously does not come on here much, or he would possibly have answered the question himself. :?

His username here on RAT is 'pvblivs cordvs'

If you can't use the search function you can find a post by him here (second last post on the 5th page): http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic. ... c&start=80

Vale,

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-29-2007

Thank you very much comillitone!!

Quote:Thank you very much comillitone!!

Very welcome, mate!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Martin Wallgren - 08-29-2007

Quote:This is a pic of me at my first event at Sewerby Hall on Sunday/Monday some of the kit is borrowed, the mail, shield and greave plus a couple of other bits.

[Image: SewerbyHall012Medium.jpg]

Cool that you acctually are a younger lookalike to your avatarSmile

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Et tu brute - 08-30-2007

Lol, i'd never really thought of that, i#ll definatly take that as a compliment Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - John Conyard - 08-30-2007

You looked good on a horse too!

For the record everything in the picture from the verutum, armour, shield, belt, clothing, shoes, tent in background etc etc all have all being made by Comitatus members.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Et tu brute - 08-30-2007

I loved it, though by the end of the display where I was wearing the mail, I think i'd sunk about six inches into the ground! I enjoyed riding Merling, he seems very responsive and pretty smooth, though I don't think the riding hat I was wearing was quite accurate Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Salvianus - 08-30-2007

Looking good, Dave. What a great weekend - I think it was my favourite show so far!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Salvianus - 08-30-2007

Seeing Dave's impression, I realised I've never posted one of mine.

This is my parade order circa 400A.D. for the final procession at Rockingham in May 2007:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Aetius Helvius Merula - 08-31-2007

Good one, Salvianus! I like the sagum, if they still called it that in your period. How does the lituus sound?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Et tu brute - 08-31-2007

Looks good Steve, being right in front of you I got a few blasts from the lituus in my ear! Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 08-31-2007

And ahboot time an aw!!!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Salvianus - 08-31-2007

Quote:Good one, Salvianus! I like the sagum, if they still called it that in your period. How does the lituus sound?

Cheers. Yep, that's my sagum, which is folded over below the fibula so it makes a head covering or decent blanket. I have a small, light version with a fringe that I call a sagulum for the really hot days.

The lituus has a good rich tone, less brassy than my old bugle and quite a range, although I seem to be able to find lots of 'in between' notes as well as a good scale :-) )