RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Paulus Claudius Damianus - 09-02-2007

thanks to every Roman late of the RAT and all "romans" who complimented us. It is very friendly to you and it is important for us and it gives us the envy to continue because doubtless ignore it you but in France, even if there is more and more of late reenactors, it is very difficult to occur in Event and the period is badly known and badly considered.

So, Special thank to comitatus menbers. Indeed, regrettably we do not still know but I know your reenacting work and its quality. I also hope that we can meet one day.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Paulus Claudius Damianus - 09-03-2007

The picture is not very goodbut you can see the Der El Medineh (not adjusted...)

[Image: derelmedinehdg1.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Jason - 09-03-2007

Sword practice with a barbarian.
Its pretty basic, but we all have to start somewhere

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - arklore70 - 09-03-2007

Jason,
looks like a great start to me. You look like the real deal to me.

Cheers!!

Mike

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 09-03-2007

I take it you are indicating with your foot, where you would like his decapitated had to land? :twisted:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Et tu brute - 09-03-2007

Quote:ok, will do, but dont want to be spending a fortune on new bows! :roll:
60 seemed low to me, but hey.... :wink:

I suppose it depends on how much manual work you do etc. but you may (or may not :wink: ) be surprised at how powerful and hard to pull 60# is, especially if you haven't shot a bow in a while, as your using muscles that probably don't get used day-to-day. It may be worth going for one of the cheaper bows for a starter, like the old scythian or Hungarian nimrod, just to get used to shooting before going for a more expensive one, this also gives you the chance to work out what poundage you need.

:lol: :lol:
Yes, the days when I could pull 265lbs slips on my own are but a distant, (and painful) memory! But still, I will need to decide before I fork out, as I plan on making my career in the heavy infantry my main focus!

:lol: By the way, if you fancy getting one of the more expensive bows i'd reccomend getting one of the hunnish bows, from what i've heard they're an excellent bow, one of the reasons is that they are assymetric, which gives them less handshock and many other helpful factors, plus the extra 1 vaiation looks great!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 09-03-2007

I have to say that in my opinion there is no know-how anymore to make a safe 100 pound bow from the traditional materials (horn, bone, wood, tendons, animal glue etc.). I know there are makers of lower poundage bows but if you have ever shooted a 100+ pounder you will know what I mean. Anyway it would be hard for me to "trust" such a bow...

guess 60 will do :wink: :lol:

I don't think you'll be disappointed Big Grin Are you planning on ordering from bowshop.eu? I'd definitely recommend them, fast a friendly, and great communication (I messed up my order, but it wasn't a problem). Any idea which bow your going to go for?

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Which bow young man?????????? Which bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Roman, of course :roll: :wink: 8) :lol: 8)

Quote:guess 60 will do :wink: :lol:
Oh yes Big Grin , it is a powerful weapon too!

Just remember what is says at the bottom of the description: "Not made according to faithful findings" :lol:

Quote:Just remember what is says at the bottom of the description: "Not made according to faithful findings" :lol:
Oh yes, you`re right Big Grin D (check the greek section)!