RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Iulius Chattus - 01-28-2008

Nice picture.
You are the guy who laughs into the camera, i guess?

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 01-28-2008

No, I am the short ass on the right! :roll: You know, the really good looking one!! :lol:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Iulius Chattus - 01-29-2008

Yeah, the really good looking one with the tiny, tiny ears under the Italic-D :mrgreen:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 01-29-2008

Yes, that the one, son :wink:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Iulius Chattus - 01-29-2008

:lol:
On your picture, all look like clonetroopers in there segmentatas and imperial helmets Big Grin

The uniformity is designed to strike terror in the barbarians, who would never see 2 people equiped the same......a killing machine decending on them..... :lol: Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - FAVENTIANVS - 01-29-2008

It's from last summer, but I just found it in some lost file...
[Image: z.jpg]

Nice pic Ivan. What sword is that you have?

@ Gaius Julius Ceasar.
A killing machine :roll:
In my first group, the Cohors XXXII VCR, we called the segmentata "sardinicae" (in english anything like sardine-can :lol: ). And the best weapon against them are a can-opener!!!!!!

@Faventinus.
Impressive equipment, middle to late 3rd Century, i guess.

@ Gaius Julius Ceasar:
This one:
[Image: spatha.jpg]

@Marcus Athenobarbus:
Mid 4th, after Julian's Persian campaign....

Thanx for ur comments comilitones!

Yes, very funny my friend!
You would soon find yourself wanting something handier than a can opener if you were up against the XIIIIth :wink:

Any pics of this war machine you belong to? :lol: :lol: :lol:

@ Ivan, is it a type of Aelen spatha?

Quote:@ Ivan, is it a type of Aelen spatha?

Not so specific I think, Avitianus made the scabbard and I made the grip using an old blade I got... its an average grip, it doesn't match any specific model.

Sorry, i don´t wanna be unfriendly.
I know the "Tamers of Britannia" or "Nero´s Chosen". A very impressive group with very impressive equipment.
Her some pictures from my group:
www.vindeliker-kohorte.de/Veranstaltungen07/12.jpg

Quote:Sorry, i don´t wanna be unfriendly.
I know the "Tamers of Britannia" or "Nero´s Chosen". A very impressive group with very impressive equipment.
Her some pictures from my group:
www.vindeliker-kohorte.de/Veranstaltungen07/12.jpg

Me either, I was perhaps taking the inter-legion rivalry a bit over the top as usual!

Ahhh, ok, I remember you posting that link now, sorry. I am a little distracted here at work and forget things too easily! Smart looking bunch!

No problem Big Grin
You are a Legionary. You get better equipment, more money, you are roman citizen and you get surely the better womans :wink:
I´m ´only´ a Auxillary-Optio with a bunch of soldiers that march like chickens and discuss all the time!