RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 04-26-2008

Jowza guys!

The impressions seems to get better and better :wink: ...

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 04-26-2008

Here is one of me pre-Rome....not quite the full kit, but almost there....

[Image: Rome2008062.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Virilis - 04-26-2008

Byron, this looks great! You silly englishmen have the background too :wink: ...

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - maius - 04-26-2008

Quote:Jowza guys!

The impressions seems to get better and better :wink: ...

I agree, some really great impressions being posted here.

Maius/Bill

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 04-26-2008

Quote:Byron, this looks great! You silly englishmen have the background too :wink: ...

I agree, very nice. I would shorten the tabs on your caligae, otherwise perfect Big Grin

Yes, I meant to do that before the parade, but as usual, 7:30 for 8:00am start meant 7:00am....so I gave it a miss.....Thanks for the encouragement guys!

The background is Lunt fort, and I have grown rather fond of it.....just wish we could rebuild the entire fort! :roll:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Andreas Gobinius - 04-26-2008

Below my impression of auxiliary man from Circus Maximus in Rome. Probably it looks like directly from the campain in Germania Smile
[Image: Andreas_auxiliar.jpg]

Looks good Andreas! Glad to see you are in the ranks, as well as a talanted artisan!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Lvcivs Commodvs Cicero - 04-27-2008

Me on the right Theo on the left

[Image: LateRoman5.jpg]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 04-27-2008

For a second there, I thought you were turning into one of those me, me, me kinda guys.... :lol: :wink:

Looks good!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 04-27-2008

The miltary contingent Legio XI send to Rome:

[Image: LegioXIinRome.jpg]

My brother (real brotherSmile ) Verus (the cornicen) and me (the hairy vexilarius):

[Image: Cornicenetvexilarius.jpg]

Vale,

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - arklore70 - 04-27-2008

Great Pictures and Great Impressions,
what a fantastic event. Does this event occur every year?

Did customs offer any trouble with transport of weapons to any of the groups?

Cheers!!

Mike

Yes, to my knowledge it's held every year. We plan to go every two year, or perhaps even every year until we grow bored with it Big Grin

We didn'thave any problems with our gear as most of us flew without kit and some people transported the kit over land by a car drawn lorry. They avoided Switzerland as they still have customs, but elsewhere in the EU the borders are normally open.

A detailed inventory of each piece of kit is usualy required to avoind problems at customs. Also notifiyng the instances in question in advance is a good idea.

Vale,

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Andreas Gobinius - 04-27-2008

Congratulations Jef,
Really great impressions. I suppose that finally you have bought a black bear skin? All members of your legio look very well, especially the picture with The Constantine Arc and Colloseum showes an accurate background for them. Smile
We have no trouble with the transport of weapon, however it depends on The border guard. The funny thing is that we had been controlled by Polish guard 2 times on the way to Italy... Czekisch and Austrian guard controlled us only once and very quickly...

Quote:Congratulations Jef,
Really great impressions. I suppose that finally you have bought a black bear skin? All members of your legio look very well, especially the picture with The Constantine Arc and Colloseum showes an accurate background for them. Smile

Thanks Andreas Smile !

I finaly got my bearskin indeed. It was a long and frustrating process, but worth it in the end. The skin is from a black bear, but a quite brown coulour in fact, I'm very happy with it. Big Grin

Kind regards,
Jef