RomanArmyTalk
Show here your Roman soldier impression - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Reenactment (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Roman Re-Enactment & Reconstruction (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Show here your Roman soldier impression (/showthread.php?tid=2606)

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Emmanuel - 06-26-2008

Sorry. I have forget the name

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Ceasar Augustus - 06-26-2008

:lol:

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Na Saighdiuir - 06-26-2008

Love the pics Marcus!!Laudes!Give my sympathies to your centurion!Bad day at the office.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Ceasar Augustus - 06-26-2008

I suppose you could look at it that way.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Titvs Statilivs Castvs - 06-26-2008

Also from Historia Mundi Smile

[Image: 4.JPG]

That's me on the right side (oh yeah, not my tunic (working on that), not my scutum, not my pilum Tongue
[Image: 9.JPG]

[Image: 16.JPG]

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 06-26-2008

Jef and Sandrvs great pics Big Grin D ( D
Regards Brennivs Big Grin

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Ceasar Augustus - 06-27-2008

Yeah the archers gear is great.

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Marcus Mummius - 06-27-2008

Thanks all!

@Theo: It was the fourth time I acted as vexilarius.

I wouldn't want to be in the front rank as vexilarius, it's difficult to defend yourself while carying the standard. If you mean you'd position him farther back: the charging line was long single line so I was actually at the back of the formation 8)

Normally my brother acts as cornicen (with a pelt and a nice set of pteryges too) but he couldn't be here due to exams.

I'm looking forward to the event at Marle this weekend, I leave in a few hours. Formation drill with hundreds of legionarries will be some experience. I'll be back with my commilitones in the ranks for that one, and I look forward to it. The bearskin looks good but... the heat!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - Gaius Julius Caesar - 06-27-2008

Lucky devil! Hope you enjoy it!

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - brennivs - tony drake - 06-27-2008

Dont have to much beer Jef, and have a good weekend Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin

Have a good weekend. Smile

Re: Show here your roman soldier impression - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 06-27-2008

The archer... Is Steve?

If so, why don't you ask him where he got that gear?

Quote:The archer... Is Steve?

@Tony: Well, we mostly drink wine at events (some beer too, we're Belgians after all). I always plan to remain sober and drink with moderation and get sleep enough but....

@Cesar: The archer is long time veteran Alan Head. I think he's been doing this for more than 20 years. Since two years he participates a lot in our activities. He made every piece of his kit himself. He makes excellent gladii, helmets,... He originates from England but lives in Holland for a long time. He's a great man! He's quite famous too: they based a plasticc soldier on him:

[Image: DSC08849s.jpg]

@Theo: we focus on the Flavian period, of course with a mix of some earlier stuff.

@Michael: thanks frater Smile lol: