RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

Re: salve - richsc - 11-09-2002

Salvete Mike and Tuccius! Feel free to plunge in.<br>
<br>
Tuccius, there are multiple threads in RAT about new groups, starting them and where they are.<br>
You can also check Legio XX's website for Matt Amt's advice on starting a new group:<br>
<br>
www.larp.com/legioxx <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>

Legio XII Fvlminata COH II - Anonymous - 11-11-2002

Salvete legionarii,<br>
<br>
Since I took over command of the XII'th of Quebec, I have made a few minor changes. However to best improve our mission and fun, I want to meet with the current members and any potential members that live close enough to drive, walk, run or fly to Montreal, Canada.<br>
<br>
You can all reply to our Legion's e-mail at [email protected] . I am planning a meeting perhaps on Sunday afternoon November 24th 2002. Or December if seems better for most.<br>
<br>
P.S. If anyone has heard of Tarius (Matthew J.) please let me know by private e-mail mentionned above.<br>
<br>
Valete Bene<br>
<br>
At your service in the Roman Republic <p></p><i></i>

Re: new recruits - Octavianus - 11-11-2002

Salvete legionarii<br>
<br>
I am Primus Minicius Octavianus, from Spain.<br>
Interested in Roma, history, legions and reenactment.<br>
I will joint the red tunica group, is more "fashion".<br>
I don´t believe in metal canteens, I think legionarii carry only a big "bota" full of red wine, you can find water everywhere if you like this kind of things. No need to carry it.<br>
Trying to raise a Legio here, with the citizens of Nova Roma.<br>
For the moment, we have plenty of "botas", no need for Deepeeka ones. (Sorry Dan).<br>
<br>
See you<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=octavianus@romanarmytalk>Octavianus</A> at: 11/11/02 1:45:22 pm<br></i>

new recruits - richsc - 11-11-2002

Salvete! Feel free to ask and let us know how we can help out. <p></p><i></i>

Re: new recruits - Anonymous - 12-04-2002

hi,<br>
<br>
I am 23 year old student from Vienna/Austria (no not the kangaroos )<br>
<br>
I am interested in the roman legion since my childhood. I often travelled with my parents through various countries in europe and therefore naturally came into contact with historical roman buildings etc. Nowadays I'm mainly interested in roman warfare, tactics, etc. Hope to find some good answers in this board.<br>
<br>
greetings,<br>
sit<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: new recruits - Anonymous - 12-05-2002

Hi Sit!<br>
<br>
Seems that you're the first Austrian here at RAT! Please tell me more about you - I'm a half-Austrian and a little familiar with Vienna and some people there. If you want, you can also contact me offline (and in German, of course!) using my email address in the profile. Are you planing to join the 2003 ROMEC in Vienna next year?<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i></i>

(Sorry for the double post; please delete)<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=magisternavis>Magister Navis</A> at: 12/6/02 4:16:05 am<br></i>

hi martin,<br>
<br>
well actually I am german. I was born in Ludwigsburg but my parents moved to vienna when I was 6 years old. my grandmother is from Tirol so I am a quarter austrian i think.<br>
Currently I am studying in Eisenstadt/Burgenland Knowledgemanagement, so I don't have any accademic background related to the roman army, it's "just" personal interest.<br>
<br>
I'am hearing the first time about the 2003 ROMEC. I visited their website and printed out the application form, but it says last possible registration ist the 31.10.2002 so i wrote them a mail if i still can participate. I also don't know if it is possible to join the ROMEC 2003 without beeing a student or accademic in this field.<br>
<br>
I hope that i will be able to join, not only the conference but also the excursion to Carnuntum. I was there at the "Carnuntiner Römerfest 2002" and it was great.<br>
<br>
greetings,<br>
stefan <p></p><i></i>

Hi from Egfroth - Anonymous - 12-05-2002

My major interest is the "late" Roman Empire, known today as Byzantium, particularly the 11th century. I'm particularly interested in the military organisation and equipment, the politics and the races that were Byzantium's neighbours. My interest was aroused after I joined the New Varangian Guard re-enactment group in Australia 15 years ago, and has progressed from there.<br>
<br>
I've posted quite a few articles on things Byzantine, including a set of photos I took of 10th century wall paintings of military figures in cave churches in Kappadokia. They're at www.geocities.com/egfrothos <p></p><i></i>

Re: new recruits - richsc - 12-05-2002

Welcome Egfroth! Glad to have your experiences and feel free to jump in. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>

Quarter Austrians - Anonymous - 12-06-2002

Hi Stefan!<br>
<br>
Ok, you're "only" a quarter Austrian, but still... - my parents <em>now</em> live in Austria btw, so that's just the other way round.<br>
<br>
Regarding the ROMEC 2003: Yes, time's up for joining - officially. If you really want to come, it's subject to negotiation with the organisers in Vienna, but you're right assuming that this is more a forum for researchers and students in this field.<br>
<br>
Greetings,<br>
<br>
Martin <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 12-17-2002

Salve,<br>
<br>
I have been a medieval re-creationist for over 12 years, but I have been studying Latin and ancient Rome since I was in High School. I heard about this group from a friend, and would like to find out more about Roman Army re-enactment.<br>
I live in Tucson, Arizona.<br>
<br>
Crystos <p></p><i></i>

New Recruits - richsc - 12-17-2002

Salve Crystos! Welcome and feel free to join in. You happen to be in luck as there the IX Hispana has a presence in Tucson, Tom Dominick. I met him before Thanksgiving when I was there, and I'm sure he'll be glad to discuss doing events. <p></p><i></i>

New to the forum(RAT) - Anonymous - 12-23-2002

Salve<br>
Just thought I'd register to chat with the experts.<br>
I know nothing, and it will be a long time before I can contribute anything constructive, so please bear with childish ( ones you've heard a million times)questions in the meantime.<br>
Is there a frequently asked questions section to this forum?? <p></p><i></i>

Re: New to the forum(RAT) - Praefectusclassis - 12-23-2002

Hi and welcome to the board!<br>
For FAQs, check out the Indexes to the various boards, you'll find a good few hours worth of reading there. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>