RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 11-07-2003

Hi<br>
<br>
My Name is Larry (The Tribune) I have been a re-enactor for over 15 years. But I had to give it up due to ill health. I have probably met some of you when I was at Kirby Hall in the multi-period shows that were held there. I was with SOSKAN as a soldier of the Army of Northern Virginia. But don’t let that fool you, I have always had a love of the Roman period especially the Punic Wars with interest in the Greek wars as well.<br>
I must admit I do miss those Shows at Kirby Hall. Still I have a lot of photos and some good memories.<br>
<br>
The Tribune<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 11-19-2003

Hello everyone<br>
<br>
I'm a 20 year old student from Seattle Wa with a love of history especially anything on ancient cultures like Rome and Egypt. I've been reading these forums for awhile now and decided to register. This place looks very informative and friendly, so I hope I'll be consistent in posting since I'm not one to hang out on forums for too long. <p></p><i></i>

Re: New Recruits - Crispvs - 11-22-2003

Salvete,<br>
<br>
P.Atilivs Crispvs here, otherwise known as Paul Geddes, in Birmingham, England. 32 years of age and 11 years in re-enactment, the last six in the Roman Military Research Society, otherwise known as Vexilatio Legionis Geminae. I've been handing out advise to all and sundry on the subject of the Roman army for about twenty years now, so it's about time I finally got around to joining RAT and joining in to see what other people were saying.<br>
<br>
By the way, how do you go about attaching a photo in the left margin the way the 'regulars' seem to. Can I put my own on or do they come from a bank of stock images?<br>
<br>
Crispvs RMRS <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - richsc - 11-22-2003

You can send me the URL to your icon, which ought to be 60x60 pixels or so, and I can add it, or you can under your user account with a 'personal icon url'.<br>
EZboard used to let us put photos in with a utility, and my image is still there, but the utility is missing. <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>

New Recruit - Anonymous - 12-04-2003

Salvete:<br>
<br>
I discovered your website about three days ago and now I am completely hooked.<br>
<br>
I am 36 years old and a career Naval Officer soon to be back at sea out of San Diego, CA. I've had a long standing interest in ancient history, specifically ancient Greek, Roman and Byzantine. Unfortunately, few of my contemporaries share this interest. I have read voraciously on this subject and look forward to learning from folks much more knowledgable than myself.<br>
<br>
Thanks again for the great site! <p></p><i></i>

Re: New Recruits - Anonymous - 12-31-2003

Welcome, Marcus. We are happy that you find this site so appealing to your taste Feel free to jump right in and add to the conversations! Ask questions! Whatever suits your fancy<br>
~Quintus <p></p><i></i>

not alone - JRSCline - 12-31-2003

Welcome! I myself am an Army captain stationed in Sinai, Egypt -- there are a few of us enthusiasts out there! Another is CPT George Wood, an Army officer who discovered a Roman auxiliary fortlet along the Danube near Regensburg, using aerial photography and magnetometric surveying.<br>
<br>
Enjoy the forum!<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>

New Recruits - jvrjenivs - 01-03-2004

Good afternoon, Ave,<br>
<br>
First I will be say I'm sorry for the bad English I speak, but I'm trying to say everything good.<br>
<br>
I'm Jurjen Draaisma (Jvrjenivs), and I'm 16 years old. Next month I'll be 17. I'm a studend at a College and interested in the Roman empire. I live in Nijmegen.<br>
<br>
My interesting in the Roman Empire started by my work at the Biblical Open air museum, Heilig Land stichting, The Netherlands. (See [link=http://www.bijbelsopenluchtmuseum.nl newwindow]www.bijbelsopenluchtmuseum.nl[/link]only Dutch and German) There we have an Via Romany and I work there as a Living History re - enactor in my spare time, for 3 years now. My wish is to be an Roman Legionnaire, but I think that is nowadays just not in my opportunities.<br>
<br>
I the future I'd like to be a member of a roman army re - enactment group, but I've learned the most have a minimum age of 18 years. So I must wait some time. I'm Joined this community to learn something more about the Roman empire and Army.<br>
<br>
Bye bye,<br>
<br>
Jvrjenivs <p></p><i></i>

Re: New Recruits - Anonymous - 01-04-2004

You are quite welcome, Jvrjenivs. Even if the minimum age of most re-enactment groups is 18 don't be discouraged! Just look at it as study time to learn all you can about all things Roman. You can then join the legionnaires as a pro!<br>
Enjoy the forum!<br>
<br>
~Quintus <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 01-10-2004

Salvete!<br>
<br>
I'm a fan of Roman history, coins, and the Latin language.<br>
<br>
I used to belong to the online community Ancient Sites before it folded in 2000. That's where I chose the name.<br>
<br>
I still have the web site I made for Ancient Sites. It's a semi-interactive tour of my very unusual domus in Rome, just at the top of the Subura.<br>
<br>
You can visit it [url=http://home.golden.net/~tmb/latin/" target="top]here[/url], but if you do, plan to spend a few minutes.<br>
<br>
Valete! <p></p><i></i>

New Recruits - Anonymous - 01-20-2004

Salvete Omnes,<br>
<br>
I thought it was about time we introduced our new group to the rest of the empire.<br>
<br>
We are Deva Victrix, an association of enthusiasts who work closely with ‘Roman Tours Ltd’. We are based in Deva (Chester) UK and hence, portray the (possibly slightly overdone) LEG XXvv. Our focus is on aspects of life in the fortress at the turn of the 1st century AD, both military and civilian.<br>
<br>
Our group was only formed last year but have already worked with LEG XIIII at Chester, York and Hadrian’s Wall, with LEG VIII at Chester and Hadrian’s Wall and with LEG VII at Chester and York. We also conduct regular displays in Chester City centre through the summer months.<br>
<br>
Our work with ‘Roman Tours Ltd’ has a strong focus on education working with schools in the area and further afield. With ‘Roman Tours Ltd’ we are involved with the (soon to be legendary) Chester Racecourse Roman Festival in June.<br>
<br>
We are hoping for an approach, which will make our past time more accessible to interested people from all walks of life. We’d also like to avoid the politics (if that is actually possible in Roman re-enactment) and work with any groups willing to work with us. Maybe I’m just a dreamer and a born optimist.<br>
<br>
Looking forward to a successful 2004<br>
<br>
Mummius<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: New Recruits - richsc - 01-21-2004

Salve Mummius, glad to have you here. Does Deva Victrix have a website?<br>
<br>
<p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=richsc@romanarmytalk>RichSC</A> at: 1/21/04 4:34 am<br></i>

Welcome Mummius - Crispvs - 01-21-2004

Welcome aboard! The organiser of the Chester Roman Festival certainly deserves a warm welcome here. We will, of course, be attending again this year as well and I daresay Marinvs and co. will be there to help set things up like the last couple of years. Sorry not to have got up to Chester for your Saturnalia event by the way. Are any of you doing the wall with us in August?<br>
<br>
Crispvs<br>
<br>
P. Atilivs Crispvs<br>
> Fatalis<br>
Coh III<br>
Leg XIIII GMV <p></p><i></i>

New Recruits - Anonymous - 01-21-2004

Sorry Rich, no web site as yet. It's on my rather large to do list, but we hope to get something basic together fairly soon.<br>
<br>
Salve Crispus, I can't take all of Paul's credit for the racecourse event but I'll pass on the compliments. As for the Wall, we'll be at Birdoswald in force and we also hope to see you at York. Shame you missed the Saturnalia (twenty legionaries marching through the streets of Chester, with flaming torches was quite a sight). Hopefully this will become an annual event, so we might see you December '04. I've posted our events so far on the relavant thread.<br>
<br>
all the best<br>
<br>
Mummius <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 01-25-2004

Greetings to all!<br>
This is my first post on this site, although I have been enjoying the various posts for sometime now.<br>
Let me introduce myself; My name is Dave Emery and I live in Stevensville, Mt., not exactly the center for re-enactors unless you are into Blackpowder or are a Lewis and Clark fan. I have been interested in Ancient Greece and Rome since I was a small boy and the interest has once again been rekindled by the excellent web sites I found, the posts here, and by those willing to answer my questions.<br>
I would really like to connect with any Romans in my area. How about it, any fellow Romans out there?<br>
I look forward to joining in on future discussions, thanks.<br>
Dave <p></p><i></i>