RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 03-01-2004

Ave Flavius!<br>
<br>
Thank you, Im glad to be on board.<br>
I'll drop by your group so I can learn more about Leg. XXX Ulpia.<br>
<br>
My best regards to all of you.<br>
<br>
Vale.<br>
QCA <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 03-06-2004

Eric Burke<br>
Missouri, USA<br>
<br>
Interested in "hardcore" Roman reenacting, learning Latin fluently, and re-creating Roman history as closely as humanly possible after graduating from high school or college, depending on financial situation. <p></p><i></i>

Reply - Anonymous - 03-06-2004

hihihihihi<br>
<br>
From Hong Kong, China.<br>
<br>
Student status, world-view, NOT communist, *not democrat either....*<br>
<br>
A general "hi" <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS - 03-08-2004

<br>
Welcome aboard! Give your contribution of experience and knowledge from the "misterious" East!<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS - 03-08-2004

<br>
Welcome Eric! If you are intersted to be hardcore you'll have to drink "posca" instead of Coke...<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Titus<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 03-09-2004

Hello there,<br>
I found this site while trying to find pics of mounted<br>
Praetorian guards.<br>
I am a figure painter, all periods but I hold a special<br>
interest in Imperial Rome<br>
Like many others my favorite film is Gladiator<br>
while painting I listen to the sound track always find<br>
inspiration in it<br>
Thats it for now, I look forward to posting on this site<br>
and sharing common interest with like minded people<br>
<br>
Frank <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Praefectusclassis - 03-10-2004

Welcome Henson. Figure painter? Care to show some of your work in Gaming and modelling? <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>

legio fulminata - Anonymous - 03-16-2004

Vale! My latin in just a bit rusty but I think "FULMINATA" means "hitted by a lightning", in latin.<br>
<br>
maybe you were meaning LEGIO FULMINATRIX, then means "Legion shooting lightnings".<br>
<br>
Germanicus <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - richsc - 03-16-2004

Salvete newcomers!<br>
<br>
That last post made me think it is time to rename Matt Lateignes Legio XXX in Canada:<br>
<br>
Legio XXX Dominatrix<br>
<br>
and maybe he'll attract a new type of gladiator.... <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>

The Velite..... - Anonymous - 03-19-2004

Greetings to all,<br>
<br>
I stumbled across this sight trying to find something on Roman Army Tactics for my main interest, wargaming. I do believe I have hit the jackpot! Besides the above, I enjoy miniature modelling and history in general, of course with an interest in the military/political. Hope I can add some usefull input.<br>
<br>
Jesse<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Hello! I\'m new, my name is Tom. - Anonymous - 03-20-2004

How long has this place been up? I cant beleve I didn't find it sooner.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - JRSCline - 03-21-2004

Since 7 JAN 2001 -- glad you like it! And welcome...<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>

new recruit needs info...... - Anonymous - 03-22-2004

Hello Everyone at RAT... I'm a very raw new recruit; i live in Australia and am a writer who's looking for information on the basic day to day life of the Roman soldier for my new book, The Silurian. I'm especially interested in the late Roman army occupation of Britain at the time of Rome's withdrawal from said island ... as Rome was in decline at this time, great changes must have been going on in the Roman army in Britain. I have a lovely little list of things i just can't seem to find out anywhere (believe me, i've looked!).<br>
First, if anyone reads this and can answer my questions i'll be your best friend; here goes, and these are all questions for the basic daily life of the roman soldier:<br>
things like, how did they shave?<br>
How did they measure time to know when to change watches?<br>
What was the method used to for cavalry to mount their horses before the use of stirupus?<br>
Did the ordinary soldier sleep on campbeds in the marching camps? or were campbeds reserved only for officers?<br>
How did they light fires and what did they burn for fuel?<br>
<br>
these questions are probably laughable to those in the know, but hell, i can't find the answers! If anyone out there knows all this and more, i promise to acknowledge them when i get around to publishing my book (and i will).<br>
<br>
oh by the way, my favourite Roman legion is Legio IX Hispania... useless information, but there you go... <p></p><i></i>

Re: Hello! I\'m new, my name is Tom. - JRSCline - 03-22-2004

Nothing wrong at all with such questions, and I'm sure there are lurkers who will want to know as well. But why don't you pose these questions in a better place for discussion, the History & Archaeology forum?<br>
<br>
Thanks<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 03-24-2004

Greetings<br>
My first introduction to Rome was my sisters Latin when I was 9 years old. I was hooked from then on looking for anything fact or fiction about the Roman Empire. I live in north east Oklahoma and Caius Fabius is a friend of mine. I am in the SCA and have been since 1979 trying to be a Roman Auxiliary and making my own kit as I go except for my swords, pugio and one helmet. I tend to be drawn to the 3rd and 4th centuries because it seems everyone is doing the 1st and 2nd century. <p></p><i></i>