RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

Re: NEW RECRUITS - taira1180 - 08-19-2004

Thanks!<br>
No, i excavated in a place called "Monte de S. Lourenço" near the city of Esposende. It was a "castro" prior the roman ocupation, and continued until the V century. <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 08-19-2004

Hi I'm a reinacter from Canada! I'm an Auxilliary archer for a Legion 10 Fretensis group (and also the only female). We play the legion as it was during the time of Christ in Jerusalem. I'm here to get more info on good reinacting and to learn more about Romans! <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Lucius Aurelius Metellus - 08-20-2004

Welcome Sgt. Steiner, Taira, and Lysadra! We're glad to have you! <p>Lucius Aurelius Metellus, miles gregarius, Secunda Brittanica</p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 08-20-2004

Glad to be here. I'm a bit of a newb to the whole Roman thing. I only got into just this summer! <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=lysadra>Lysadra</A> at: 8/20/04 4:58 am<br></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus - 08-20-2004

Well there is a lot for a student to learn about everything Roman as I have found out. There are very knowledgeable people here that know just about everything about Rome and many good conversations ensue. So enjoy. <p>THERE ARE NO STUPID PEOPLE, ONLY PEOPLE STUPID ENOUGH TO NOT KNOW WHEN THEY'VE MADE A MISTAKE</p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 08-20-2004

Thank you Aurelius Metellus, glad to be here. <p></p><i></i>

NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 08-22-2004

AVE!!!<br>
<br>
My name is Billy James AKA Legate Billamus Maximus Lucious Caesar. Ive Begun to recruit a new legion But the recruiters here are lazy we are understrength by atleast 4998 but "Florida's 10th" will be storng enough to battle the barbarian hords. Ive been blessed that the emperor has been given me this provincial duty. my record is as such have been studying Rome for nearly 4 years now I just graduated highschool and went to see our mothercountry Italy.The Armorsmith though in this province has been most incompitent most of my Armor is complete but he forgot my belt and shoes...minor set back ....Rome will prevail under my leadership and the Land of Flordia will be pacified.......Walve<br>
Legate Billamus<br>
"Florida's 10th"<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 08-22-2004

Just curious, where are you at in Florida?<br>
<br>
Cavetus <p></p><i></i>

Re: NY state Group - Anonymous - 08-27-2004

I have joined Legio III Cyrenaica of Mass. Unfortunatly they are closer than you guys, but we may meet up eventually. I actuallly have been following your care and use guide of Lorica segmentata when I get it. Thanks for the input and if there is anything you need from the south let me know. <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 09-04-2004

Ave!<br>
<br>
I'm from the Philippines. I was always interested in Ancient Rome specifically the late republic and early empire. I think what started it was studying Julius Caesar by Shakespeare in high school. I stumbled on this site while surfing the web. I read a few threads and was very impressed. I don't have any formal education on Ancient Rome or the Roman Army but I have a few books. I have some medical training.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>

new recruit - Anonymous - 09-05-2004

Ave!<br>
<br>
I'm from Poland and I'm 20.<br>
I'v become interested in Roman Army when I was 11 years old after reading Peter Connolly's books ("Roman Army" and "The Greek Armies"). My favourtie period in Roman military history is IIIrd century AD. I also like to draw ancient warriors. It's good thing that this forum exists, for me it is almost only place where I can talk to other people interested in Roman warfare, as it is not very popular epoch amongst historians in my country.<br>
Sorry for any language flaws, I'm still learning English.<br>
<br>
Juliusz Tomczak <p></p><i></i>

Re: NY state Group - richsc - 09-05-2004

Salvete! I'm glad to see RAT is finding places even further afield than before! <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 09-14-2004

Ave amicus!<br>
Hail friends!<br>
<br>
I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. A 23 year old semi-professional student (BS Aviation) heh, with a definite love for Roman history, especially the Roman military machine.<br>
<br>
Currently I'm an active member with the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) and hopefully that won't get me booed out of here immediately. (I know the SCA isn't the most historically stringent group out there, just the biggest.) In any case I have been re-enacting various time periods for 5 years now.<br>
<br>
I'm here to expand my knowledge and understanding of Roman military history, equipement etc. Also hopefully to acquire new contacts for gaining more Roman equipment (with a major emphasis on historically accurate and functional re-enactment pieces)... and above all to make some new friends from around the world.<br>
<br>
How'd I become interested in Rome? Can't rightly say for sure... past life perhaps? I can't remember when I first picked up a picture book on Rome and "read" through it. All I know is that back in grade 2 I could name all the major Greek gods and most of the Roman equivalents. What have I learned since then? Not much... in fact I probably knew more back then. Which goes back to the point of why I'm here.<br>
<br>
Heres to many good and long discussions to come. Cheers!<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: new recruit - TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS - 09-15-2004

<br>
Salue Marce!<br>
<br>
Welcome on RAT.<br>
Many good and long discussions to come?<br>
Yesss, you've find the right place!<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 09-20-2004

Sgt Steiner, you're in luck! There's a thriving Roman/Ancients group based in NSW (mostly Sydney, I think)! Email Wayne Robinson at [email protected] and tell him Egfroth sent you . . . <p></p><i></i>