RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Niedel - 09-30-2004

Hi, I live in California, but I'm from Germany originally. Nice forum! Have been interested in the Romans since I was about 4 years old. Not really a reenactor, but I do have some pieces of equipment, helmet from Albion aromorers etc. Hope for more great discussions! <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 10-22-2004

Hi<br>
I live in No. Cal. ( Vallejo )<br>
I just found out there is a Legion just up the road , thinking of playing with them .<br>
I have been reenacting since 1971 never did Roman though .<br>
My claim to fame is I once presented my Fur Trade impression to the Queen of England .<br>
Cheers<br>
Carlous<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Hi - Carlton Bach - 11-21-2004

Salvete<br>
<br>
I just heard about this place and after taking a brief look around, I think I like it. I'm a SCAdian from Germany, though I am into serious living history, and currently the sole Roman in my group. (Yes, I know some of the best Roman groups are from Germany. None of them are from within 300 miles from where I live, though).<br>
<br>
My limited financial resources and offbeat interest dictate I am not as much into heavy metal than into the other details of Roman military life - the clothing, living space, food habits, administration, social organisation, everyday occupations and such. A particular fascination of mine are the legions of the East.<br>
<br>
I'm just starting out on the Roman re-enactment thing, so please bear with a few basic questions. And I'm also not sure if I've figured out the buttons on this board right... What do I do to make the post appear? <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 11-21-2004

Hello. I'm just someone trying to learn a little more about Imperial Rome.<br>
<br>
What I <em>do</em> know on the subject has been learned basically from Robert Graves and Colleen McCoullough.<br>
<br>
Actually, I know nothing at all about the Roman military machine...<br>
<br>
Vandevere <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 11-24-2004

HI! Chicago IL USA, Been very interested in anceint Rome all my life. Im 29 now and I want to get involved with modeling and reenactment.<br>
<br>
-Gordak <p></p><i></i>

Re: Hi - Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus - 11-28-2004

Welcome, its nice to finally have someone else besides myself from Chicago. <p>O xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi -<br>
<br>
Simonides</p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Uwe Bahr - 11-29-2004

Hallo Gordak,<br>
<br>
welcome to R.A.T. As a fellow-modeller I am curious to see Your works. What do You prefer to do, paint and / or convert single figures or even the building of dioramas or vignettes?<br>
<br>
Greets - Uwe <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - TFLAVIUSAMBIORIX - 12-08-2004

I am a new member of legion xxiv, I have always been interested in ancient history I have been collecting ancient coins for years and got interested in the roman army largely because of the roman military coins in my collection.<br>
I am a slinger in the legion (or rather auxiliary detchment to the legion) I decided to become a slinger in the unit because I already knew how to use a sling and had an interest in missile troops. I have been doing civil war reenacting for years and enjoy the living history approach to studies. <p></p><i></i>

Re: Hi - Anonymous - 12-11-2004

Greetings from Luxembourg.<br>
<br>
I'm off to Augusta Treverorum (Trier) now, for some Xmas shopping. <p></p><i></i>

Re: Hi - Praefectusclassis - 12-11-2004

Welcome all!<br>
And Hagen, I think there's a Roman military tombstone in Trier. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Marcus Germanicus Ferox - 12-15-2004

Salve<br>
<br>
Hi guys, my name is Marcus Germanicus Ferox. I am based in the South West of England in Devon. Have just branched off and started my own group who do our best to portray soldiers of the Second Augustan Legion during the latter half of the 1st century AD. This was at the time of the founding of the city of Exeter (Isca Dumnoniorum) in Devon and before the Legion moved off to Caerleon In Wales (75AD). Any advice, anecdotes and pointers regarding anything relevant gratefully accepted. Especially interested in how the legions in this country may have adopted any Celtic practices with regard to clothing and the colder climate.<br>
<br>
Vale <p></p><i></i>

Re: Hi - Anonymous - 12-20-2004

I'm a new recruit joining the XXIV Legion. As you can guess from my screen name I'm going to be portraying an auxillia from the provance of Thrace. I've been into history all my life and have been reenacting for 5 years now. I do a U.S. Civil War Union private, a World War I doughboy and a Soviet private for World War II. Currently I'm a college student, studying history.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: Hi - richsc - 12-21-2004

Salve Thracian! I look forward to meeting you, hopefully at Roman Days in June. Hope you have your impression ready by then. <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>

Re: Hi - Anonymous - 12-22-2004

I should and if I don't I can easly fit into any loaner gear, I manage to squeeze into a size 30 waist for my other impressions. <p></p><i></i>

Re: Hi - Anonymous - 12-31-2004

I just found this very interesting site. Very informative ! Any fellow "Romans" in the N.Texas area ? <p></p><i></i>