RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Quintius Clavus - 03-02-2005

Petreius,<br>
<br>
Where in New Hampshire do you live? I live in Connecticut, but used to live in New Hampshire (Portsmouth area/Kittery Naval Shipyard).<br>
There are a couple Roman events happening in New England in 2005:<br>
Roman Days Northeast - Weekend of May 14 (for us reenactors) and 15th (for the Public) at the Woodstock Fairgrounds in Woodstock, CT (Northeast corner).<br>
The other event is Roman Market Days in Wells, Maine on the weekend of July 9 and 10. This one has the sponsorship of the Wells Chamber of Commerce and is being combined with their annual Harbor Festival.<br>
Some few of us will also be in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on May 21/22 for a military timeline event at the Strawberry Banke Museum. This has the sponsorship of The Living History Association.<br>
Legio III Cyrenaica/Cohors Menapia will likely be at all of these-HQ in Eastern Massachusetts, but having soldiers in Connecticut, Maine, New York. They also have a strong civilian presence. So wives, girlfriends, significant others, children, etc. are welcome, too, and encouraged to participate.<br>
<br>
Maybe we'll see you around.<br>
<br>
Marcus Quintius Clavus/Quinton <p></p><i></i>

Re: New from Legio IX Hispana - Anonymous - 03-17-2005

Salvete,<br>
Im 35 and from Florida currently a senior student a University of Florida majoring in Classics and Anthropology. I have finally found a place where I am not considered a freak. you see, I have this problem..Im obsessed with Rome, Iv'e tried help but I just end up walking up yelling battle commands in Latin. So,here I am. Looking forward to everything.<br>
<br>
Valete <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 03-22-2005

Ave All.<br>
<br>
I'm a new recruit to Roman reenacting.<br>
I've had a long interest in Classical history.<br>
I live in Austin TX. I'm student of Classical history for about 20 years now. I also enjoy Classical Wargaming.<br>
<br>
Slainte<br>
Jeff I.<br>
F. Antili Oregensis. <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 04-04-2005

48? Well, I'll try to look after you and the other kids.... I should have taken my farm ages ago but I don't want to stop killing people. Somebody mentioned being authentic and fighting as if they were irreconcilable. We in the Vicus do both, since the group includes both Britons and Romans. We are learning a lot about how Romans must fight when in small groups. It's different!<br>
<br>
Paul <p></p><i></i>

Greetings - Anonymous - 04-04-2005

Hiya,<br>
<br>
thought it would be best to introduce myself.<br>
<br>
My name is David Farris and I chose my screen name because my paternal grandmother was a Wallace.<br>
<br>
I found this website while trying to do some research on Roman Legion armour and armaments for a fictional piece I plan on self-publishing. Just an interested plebian.<br>
<br>
I hold a Bachelors in History, but my focus was Modern Military History. Ask me about the American Civil War and I can probably give you the answer right away or find it with at least a probable degree of success. My knowledge of Roman times is somewhat limited, so be gentle .<br>
<br>
I am a reenactor, though of the Civil War and World War II variety.<br>
<br>
I'll probably be asking a great deal of questions in the following months, so I ask the members to be patient. <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Robert Vermaat - 04-06-2005

Hi David,
Welcome to RAT (v.2)!
Quote:I'll probably be asking a great deal of questions in the following months, so I ask the members to be patient.
Bring it on! It's what we're here for.

Testing - Caballo - 04-06-2005

Testing! Smile

Testing..... - Caballo - 04-06-2005

Well, the test worked- but I see that I have been busted to the ranks after re-registering Sad

saying hi! - popularis - 04-07-2005

Hiya

I'm Tom, and I'm a student working on the social history of the Roman Army of the late Republic (and early Principate). It's lovely to see so many people who are interested in Roman military history, and I'm looking forward to meeting people who have so much interest in it.

Blue skies

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 04-14-2005

Welcome all new members!

It would be great if you can add some pics of your equipment (if you have), well, mainly because I love to see other people equipment... and tell us about your experience in making it (or customizing it after buying).

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Carlton Bach - 04-14-2005

Welcome aboard, popularis. We're glad of every expert here.

Volker

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 04-14-2005

Oh, yeah. I forgot to post in here.

Remember that guy from a long, long time ago named Casca Tarquinius?

Well, I have a different name now.

SALVETE

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Praefectusclassis - 04-14-2005

Dude, you'll have to introduce yourself again. People change here. Only a few grow old here.

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 04-14-2005

Wow, that was weird. Three times I hit "Post Reply". Twice I was taken to the main page instead of the Post page.

Is RichSC still around?

What about Sander? or Jen?

Any of the old timers?

OK, new introduction for an old, tired miles.

Hi, I'm MARIVS TARQVINIVS VRSVS. I live in central Texas, and I've been a student of classical history, specifically Rome for longer than I can remember. I love history, my favorite periods being the Japanese shogunate period, the American Colonial period, WWII(specifically ETO), and Rome from about 50 BC until about 250 AD.

I used to be a member of LEGIO IX HISPANA when I lived in San Diego, but when I moved here, I turned in my kit except for my sandals.

Ummm...

Yeah.

(Edited to add an extra eye to double you double you eye eye.)

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Praefectusclassis - 04-14-2005

Rich can answer for himself. Sander hasn't been seen on RAT v1 for over a year now, which we dearly regret, but his priorities changed. He was around on the Cologne trip though. That was fun!Big Grin Jenny is now more an absentee landlord than ever, back closer to you than to us in Europe. I fear that if she stays away even more, she'll become a sort of mystical being and Rich and I will become her priests. Yes. Wel...Errrr :wink: