RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Robert Vermaat - 04-15-2005

Quote:she'll become a sort of mystical being and Rich and I will become her priests.

Eeks! Confusedhock:

As a mod, what's to be my role in that pantheon? Disciple? Big Grin

Hello everyone - maritimus - 04-21-2005

Hi this is my first post!!

My name is Toni Marín, I "served" for a couple of years at Legio VII Gemina, in Tarragona, where I knew very nice people, ( and had the opportunity to march along with the Ermine Street Guard, when they came to Tarragona!! Big Grin ).

Since September 2004, due to the internal problems that there were Confusedhock: , I decided to leave the VIIth and join Avitianus, Faventianvs (you know theses two freaks :mrgreen: ), and a few more at our new project... Legio I Germanica.

As the new group is multiperiod, I wanted to be an Augustal Legionary, so in the last weeks I've been hand making some parts of my equipment, sewing leather pteruges, the tunic and making two belts...soon will be ready!! I'll post the photos...

My roman name is Caivs Antonivs Maritimvs and I'm very glad to know about you and I hope to learn a lot!!

We'll meet a lot of people at Archeon this summer, see you there!!

Toni Marín

I\'m still here - richsc - 04-21-2005

Oh I'm still here, fiddling with the calendar and looking up additional PHP BB functionality.

Quote:Jenny'll become a sort of mystical being and Rich and I will become her priests.

whoo hoo. I"m making sure she attends our next Lupercalia!

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 04-21-2005

Welcome comiles MARITIMUS!!!

Now we are 4 from the Prima!!

Re: NEW RECRUITS - aitor iriarte - 04-22-2005

Welcome onboard, Toni!
We'll meet at Centcelles next month! Big Grin

Aitor

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Robert Vermaat - 04-22-2005

Hi Toni,
I really hope we'll meet at Archeon in july as planned!

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Octavianvs - 04-24-2005

Recepción a la RAT Toni, enjoy yourself. Theres alot of good information out there and feel free to join in whenever you want.

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 04-24-2005

Aitor: what's your Roman name, by the way...?

Never thought to ask u...

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Lucius Aurelius Metellus - 04-24-2005

Quote:Aitor: what's your Roman name, by the way...?

Never thought to ask u...

Hey! That's a good question, and one I'd like to know myself! Big Grin

Re: NEW RECRUITS - maritimus - 04-27-2005

Thank all for the welcome,
feels like home!!

Toni

PS: yesterday during an interview in a local radio with some high position at the city council, it was said I Germanica will be at Tarraco Viva 2005, so Aitor I'm starting to believe it... Big Grin

Re: NEW RECRUITS - aitor iriarte - 04-27-2005

Tsk, tsk, yoou nasty boys! :lol:
I don't use any proper Roman aka but, if you're interested, I'm informally known as Pijus Magnificus (For all the non-Spanish speakers, that is the translation given to the name of Pilate's best friend in Monty Python's life of Brian... :roll: )

Aitor :mrgreen:

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 04-27-2005

Ah ok! Incontinentia Summa's husband, right? :wink:

Re: NEW RECRUITS - aitor iriarte - 04-28-2005

That's it! 8)
But please, don't mention that to my wife...
:oops:
Aitor

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Uwe Bahr - 04-28-2005

Quote:Pijus Magnificus (For all the non-Spanish speakers, that is the translation given to the name of Pilate's best friend in Monty Python's life of Brian...

How lucky You are, Aitorius. The German RAT'ers will remember that in our language's version of "Brian" Pilate's friend was named "Schwanzus longus", which is a latinized (and vulgar) form of "[size=75:1e0k0j1n]long penis[/size]" ... :oops:

I really don't know ..., has "Pijus" the same meaning? If so, respect, Aitor !! :wink:

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Praefectusclassis - 04-28-2005

Well, at least the German translation of the English was very accurate Big Grin