RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 04-28-2005

Neither was the Spanish one! Though Pijus is a "latinized" form of the Spanish word PIJO, meaning some snobbish rich and stupid person, what in Mexico is called a FRESA (also strawberry)... And, of course, Aitor has nothing to do with that! He fits better the Anglo-German meaning... Confusedhock:

Pijus magnificus - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 04-29-2005

SALVE

Another time, i do'nt agree with my friend FAVENTIANUS. :twisted:

Pijo in spanish means too the pennis. So Pijus Magnificus means a great pennis, like the german and english versions.

I'll propose the Cohors Prima Gallica web page to the award, when it's works.... :lol: :twisted: :evil:

Hola Toni, Tu quoque, filii?

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 04-29-2005

Pijo means pennis in Spanish too!!??!? Confusedhock:
You'll never go to bed without learning something new!
Brother in laaaaaaaww laaaawwww awwwww awwwwwww!!!!

Re: NEW RECRUITS - aitor iriarte - 04-29-2005

Oh well, you're making a mountain out of a grain of sand... :oops:
Of course, the aka has nothing to do with myself, it was just a way to show the rest of my group that, in my opinion, it is not good to take too seriously a Roman 'identity' and name... :roll:

Aitor

Same guy, new screename - A_Volpe - 05-03-2005

Salvete all

In case you haven't figured it out, I've decided to go with a new Screename for RAT v2.

Re: NEW RECRUITS - L. Aufidius Pantera - 05-04-2005

Hi there,

I'm Christoph, and I am researching the history and development of the Imperial Fleets on the Northern Frontier a the University of Nottingham - at least working with the little material there is!

Its brilliant to see so many interested people here - if anyone knows anything of value about Roman Naval activity let me know!

Must be off - so much to read here, so little time!

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 05-04-2005

Welcome both!!

Re: NEW RECRUITS - TraderTrey9785 - 01-16-2006

I'm definitely new...

My name is Trey, I'm originally from Hickory, North Carolina, but I currently reside in Washington DC while attending George Washington University. I became interested in Rome after my mother bought me a wooden gladius when I was eight or nine and I decided to pursue it in college after two classes, one with Dr. Eric Cline, and the other with Professor Joseph Stumpf...two excellent academics.

As far as specific interests in Rome, I enjoy everything from the Republic to the Empire. I specifically enjoy Roman Britain, and Post Roman Britain (including the legend of King Arthur). I also find the mystery surrounding Legio IX Hispana to be very interesting....I look forward to enjoying all that this site and forum has to offer.

-Trey

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Dan Diffendale - 01-17-2006

Welcome to RAT, Trey!
I myself focused on Roman Britain, before I got sidetracked by the navy and the Samnites... :roll:

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Robert Vermaat - 01-17-2006

Quote:As far as specific interests in Rome, I enjoy everything from the Republic to the Empire. I specifically enjoy Roman Britain, and Post Roman Britain (including the legend of King Arthur). I also find the mystery surrounding Legio IX Hispana to be very interesting....I look forward to enjoying all that this site and forum has to offer.
Hi Trey,
I´m not sure if there´s any mystery concerning Legio IX, but have you read about Vortigern yet? Big Grin

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Gaius Honorius Felix - 02-01-2006

Hello everyone,
Im completely new here and I gues I should start with introducing myself. My name's Gavin and I am a high school student. Please dont take me for a fool or as someone with a passing interest. I happen to love roman history and feel a special connection with it. Just give me three years and ill be turning out. Im from Long Island, New York.
Whats the closing in latin, i think its salvete?

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Praefectusclassis - 02-01-2006

Salvete is fine Gavin. Welcome to RAT!
Make yourself at home here and join in the fray, but before you do, please add your real (first) name to your signature.

Trey in DC - richsc - 02-01-2006

Salve Trey! You have a local Roman group LegioXX in the DC area. We have monthly workshops, first Sat of each Month as well as events. You're more than welcome to stop by. We are also having our annual Lupercalia party later this month, Feb 18, and you're welcome to that as well.

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Gaius Honorius Felix - 02-02-2006

Sure no problem, I just fixed my signature.

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 02-02-2006

Now you should activate it at your profile preferences... :wink: