RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

Re: NEW RECRUITS - l_valerius_homulus - 06-15-2006

Ave!

My name is Clayton, but I am known by few in the Roman community as Lucius Valerius Homulus (LEG II AVG COH I & LEG IX HISP <TX>), I have been interested in Rome and ancient history for well over a decade, but was introduced to reenacting about a year ago by a good friend of mine who is a member of LEG II AVG COH I, unfortunately I had to move to Texas before I could get very active in the organization's activities, but here in TX I have gotten hooked up with Doug Mather and LEG IX HISP and am looking forward to getting involved further with the unit and learning more about early Imperial Rome. I hope to expand my knowledge of Roman history and be able to share the knowledge that I have and gain with others. I look forward to many a long hour on RAT in the future digging through info and adding a piece of the pie here and there... Well, there is my two cents worth... and hello everyone!

Re: NEW RECRUITS - LUCIUS ALFENUS AVITIANUS - 06-15-2006

Wellcome to RAT , Lucius Valerius Homulus.

What's meaning "homulus". A little man?

Welcome - Primitivus - 06-15-2006

Quote:...unfortunately I had to move to Texas before I could get very active in the organization's activities...
Good to have you in the community here. Having lived in Texas (Austin's a great area) I found this remark you made in passing entertaining. Of course, I know what you mean--and it's wonderful that you found another legion to join there. Look forward to seeing your postings here.

"Homulus" - l_valerius_homulus - 06-15-2006

Ave,
Yes, Homulus means "little man".... at full height I may be able to eek out 5'2 on a real good day, but most of the time it's 5'1... I thought the name fit...

Re: "Homulus" - Primitivus - 06-17-2006

Quote:Ave,
Yes, Homulus means "little man".... at full height I may be able to eek out 5'2 on a real good day, but most of the time it's 5'1... I thought the name fit...
Height is not the measure of a true man. In fact, no physical features communicate the substance of a man's genuine character. Once again, welcome.

Bellator Sempronious - Bellator Sempronious - 07-09-2006

I am a Historical Reenactor for Legion III Cyrenaica in the New England area. I am from New York and I have been interested in the Romans since High school. I have never been to Rome, but would love to go. I love the military aspect and especially the Teutoburg Forrest disaster. I am shooting for signifier in my legion and I hope soon too.

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 07-09-2006

Welcome home Sempronious.

Thank you - Bellator Sempronious - 07-09-2006

Faventianvs,
Thank you sir, I am happy to be here and to learn about what we are all so passionate about. I have not met a better group of people than my fellow Romans at Reenacting events. I hope someday we all find our selves under the eagle at a national or worldwide event.

Bellator

Re: NEW RECRUITS - FAVENTIANVS - 07-09-2006

That would be great.

Welcome Bellator Sempronious - Primitivus - 07-11-2006

Quote:I am a Historical Reenactor for Legion III Cyrenaica in the New England area... I love the military aspect and especially the Teutoburg Forest disaster.
A very interesting preference for someone who places himself in the role of a legionary! Smile Welcome.