RomanArmyTalk
NEW RECRUITS - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Community (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Round Table (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: NEW RECRUITS (/showthread.php?tid=524)

.... - Anonymous - 04-14-2002

Ave Sam and welcome!<br>
<p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 04-17-2002

names matt, 20 student, do iron age as the name suggests but will dress up as an Auxillary if required to, which is quite fun as you get to hide behind a bit of wood when people try to hit you <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Praefectusclassis - 04-17-2002

Hi Matt,<br>
Welcome to the board.<br>
<p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 04-22-2002

Salvete,<br>
<br>
I'm german, webdesigner, and interested in history, especially roman history and the american civil war. I would like to join a reenactment group as syrian archers, but it's not easy to find one.<br>
<br>
greetings<br>
<br>
Titus <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 04-25-2002

Ave Caratacus and Titus!<br>
Welcome aboard!<br>
<br>
~Quintus <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 04-29-2002

Hi -My real name is Mark<br>
I live in Australia<br>
I have decided that I really like the Roman era- and I am seeking to expand my horisons in this area<br>
I am 35, and work in a government agency.<br>
<br>
Not sure about the dressing up side- unless for a video/film.<br>
<br>
Mainly like books on the Roman Empire and models of soldiers.<br>
<br>
How do i get a neat picture to go with my name?<br>
<br>
Mark <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 04-29-2002

Ave Mark and welcome. Glad you decided to join us.<br>
<br>
To get your picture you need to:<br>
1) Go to the bottom of this page of this forum and you'll see a thread titled Rank Icons for Gregalis (legionaries) . You may use any of these pictures once you have a post total of 5 or more.<br>
2) Right click on the picture you want, select properties, and copy the address and URL of the picture.<br>
3) Go to your Control Center and paste the address in the Personal Photo URL box. Be sure to also check the personal photo box. Save changes and that's it!<br>
<br>
I couldn't get mine to work for a while. Hope this helps and you have better luck then I first had!<br>
<br>
~Quintus <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/uquintusromanus.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Quintus Romanus</A> at: 4/29/02 7:15:02 pm<br></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 04-30-2002

thanks<br>
looks good here<br>
will get a pic at some stage-maybe one of my own.<br>
thanks<br>
Mark <p></p><i></i>

Hello - TITVS SABATINVS AQVILIVS - 05-03-2002

Hello to everyone,<br>
<br>
I'm a new poster from Roma, I was born in Roma 44 yers ago.<br>
I (and my brother too) love everything concerned with the roman world: actually Roma is the main reference point in my life.<br>
<br>
I've chosen "Sabatinus" for my roman name, because my family name "Sabatini" probably takes its origin from the "Gens Sabatina" one of the roman early tribes with right to vote in the "Comitia centuriata".<br>
<br>
RAT has been a nice surprise to me: I've seen in this forum a deep love for Roma and I'm so cheered by finding it yet in these days and age (thanks Internet...).<br>
<br>
I'm the event designer of the re-enactment Legions gathering in Albano (Italy) on 12-13-14 July 2002 too.<br>
So, I'd like to see you at this roman event. Feel free to ask me for any info you need about.<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
<br>
Daniele Sabatini<br>
(Titus Sabatinus Aquilius)<br>
[email protected] <p></p><i></i>

ciao Daniele - Goffredo - 05-03-2002

Ehila,<br>
benvenuto e spero di conoscerti di persona presto.<br>
<br>
English translation (no mysteries):<br>
Hi There,<br>
welcome and hope to meet you in person soon. <p></p><i></i>

New recruit - Anonymous - 05-05-2002

I'm 52, an ex-teacher now selling nutritional products and I live in the middle of England. I was introduced to the Roman world by my brother-in-law via Rosemary Sutcliffe and have had an interest in Roman military history since visiting the Saarlburg. At present I'm researching the destruction of the Boudiccan army. [Hence my name is Gaius Paulinus Suetonius!] This is a brilliant forum...<br>
<br>
Kerry Sullivan <p></p><i></i>

hi there - Goffredo - 05-05-2002

Welcome. I agree that this is a brilliant forum. I am frequently impressed by the knowledge, intelligence and vigor of many that contribute. Great fun and very stimulating <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 05-11-2002

Salve!<br>
<br>
Yep, you guessed it, I'm a new (gulp) recruit<br>
<br>
I am forming a legion in Northeast Florida, Legio III Augustus. Still working the research on the origional legion and putting my kit together. I'm a frugal sort, therefore anything I can make, I'm at least giving it a shot before dropping major expense. Mundanely, I work for Bellsouth as a technician. Eh, it pays the bills, but drives people crazy to watch me working chainmaille or, until recently, my caligae at my desk during slack times. It does generate some interest in the Legion, though...mixed blessing??? In addition, I'm a part time aeronautical science student and pilot.<br>
<br>
I'll pop up from time to time in the Reenactor section, trying to glean information from my seniors and learn as much as I can about getting my act together!<br>
<br>
Vale!!<br>
Marcus <p></p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Praefectusclassis - 05-11-2002

Hi Marcus,<br>
Welcome to the board and good luck forming Legio III Augusta! <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>

Re: NEW RECRUITS - Anonymous - 05-11-2002

Thanks, Jasper...<br>
<br>
I gotta be nuts or something!! <p></p><i></i>