RomanArmyTalk
Share Your Greek Artwork - Printable Version

+- RomanArmyTalk (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat)
+-- Forum: Research Arena (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Greek Military History & Archaeology (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Share Your Greek Artwork (/showthread.php?tid=8094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Kallimachos - 02-06-2008

Nice work Giannis, you really have talent.

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Giannis K. Hoplite - 02-06-2008

Thanks for the good words guys.Still trying to improve.
Here I changed the color of the bronze into a more redish one,rather than the golden,I think it looks more real.
[Image: shield-helmet-optim8.jpg]

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Mythos_Ruler - 02-06-2008

No greaves? Wink

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Giannis K. Hoplite - 02-06-2008

Ha...I want it to look a bit realistic.It's not that I find it difficult to make,you know,peace of cake,but I didn't find it nessesary :roll: :twisted: :lol:
The original photo was of very bad quality,also.With my mobile phone camera...Wish I had a digital camera,but I didn't think I'd modify it.
Khaire
Giannis

PS.I'll eat my words if you see me once more with a pair of greaves,but I dodn't think so.

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Giannis K. Hoplite - 02-08-2008

Wow!Gioi the second one is great! I suppose it is me and a Johny's hoplite in Tyre? The Tyrians are burning the first siege tower?
Khaire
Giannis

PS.A year Confusedhock:

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Giannis K. Hoplite - 02-12-2008

Ok,mythos_ruler,I'll eat my words finally. I gave it a try for greaves. The more I add the less it resembles a photo and not apainting(as normal)
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o118 ... reaves.jpg
Khairete
Giannis

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Giannis K. Hoplite - 02-12-2008

It's very good portrait of Alexander. It may resembles him much.At least according to most of the early busts of him. And has some good realistic characteristics(that many of the busts lack)

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Albert G Lopez - 02-13-2008

Quote:The only thing I see artist fail to capture is the melting eyes, that many mediterranean has...the eyes should be down like Silvester Stallone for example

I will try to capture that look in my next portrait of Alexander.

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Kallimachos - 02-13-2008

Lopez, I like your portrait of Alexandros very much. Congratulations for this fine piece of Art.

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Albert G Lopez - 02-15-2008

Alexander from the bust by Lysippus, Louvre Museum.

[Image: IMG-10.jpg]

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Giannis K. Hoplite - 02-15-2008

Good one also. Hey,do you also draw the whole body? Now that would be nice,with the whole panoply...am I dreaming?
Khaire
Giannis

Character study- Kineas, from the book "Tyrant" by Christian Cameron.

[Image: IMG_0001.jpg]

Quote:Good one also. Hey,do you also draw the whole body? Now that would be nice,with the whole panoply...am I dreaming?
Khaire
Giannis

Thank you, Giannis.

Yes, I can do whole bodies. What do you have in mind?

Re: Share Your Greek Artwork - Giannis K. Hoplite - 02-15-2008

Emmm,anything would be nice.But since you do portrait of great men that we can usually recognise(Alexander for instance),it would be nice to see them with all their body and gear. I just have a crazy idea Idea What about Socrates next to Alkebiades(or/and Xenophon) in full armour :?: :!: There are busts of all of them. You could show Socrates' big belly and "tribon",the rough chiton, next to Alkebiades' beauty and luxurious clothes and armour. This would require a bit of search for accurate pieces,in order to be something more than a very good piece of art(we all here love accuracy :wink: ) Hmm?what d'you think?
Khaire
Giannis

Ok, guys, I will take up the challenge :!:

I definitely look forward to drawing Socrates.