Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fresh recruit--Deepeeka 3851 question
Usually sites that sell Deepeeka products simply carry over Deepeeka's item numbers. Almost every site offering the Deepeeka segmentata shows it as item #3851.<br>
I'm aware that Deepeeka has improved their segmentata but I can't seem to find what the item number of the previous version was. Did the older version ALSO use the #3851. What specific changes were made to "improve" the segmentata? More specifically, what should one be aware of what seeking to distinguish between the "older" and "newer" versions?<br>
<br>
Thanks for helping the new guy <p></p><i></i>
Yes, they used the same number. Newer ones are totally different, plates are shaped correctly, hinges are folded brass, buckles are now hand made. Basicallly specify a NEW 3851. They are all Deepeeka ships to us now, so they do not have old inventory, but some stores may still have them (The old models). There is a significant difference in the old an new, so the store folks should know what you mean. <p>Rusty Myers<br>
www.SouloftheWarrior.com Commander, Legio VI FFC<br>
www.LEGVI.com </p><i></i>
Thank you kindly for the quick and educational response.<br>
<br>
GEEEZ, why would they use the same number (unless they were trying to dump the old ones to unsuspecting chumps like me)? Can you tell me if there were other changes to watch for. The folded hinges should be obvious to recognize--perhaps even a newbie will be able to recognize a hand-made buckle.<br>
<br>
Are the plates on the old version even useful as parts to repair decent segmentata within "spec"? I don't have a problem modifying a segmentata to custom fit if the price is right. (I don't really have $550 to buy one from Albion right now and RLQM doesn't list kits anymore.) <p></p><i></i>
in order to modify an existing seg to get it to fit better. I've gone to the point of building a new torso section for my Albion seg from scratch. The existing shoulder sections work ok, but the Albion torso section has always been too wide and too short for me. Relocating the lacing loops helped somewhat, but that did nothing for the length issue. At present I have the new torso section assembled and I just need to fine tune the curvature of the plates. <p></p><i></i>
I think they view their stuff as evolving, and having handled a lot of it, we are often surprised by gradual improvements, for example, the swords used to have a hex nut at the end, this became a recessed nut, and eventually a four sided recessed nut that can be peened a bit to look perfect. The Sword scabbards have also undergone a recent modification with better metal working and such, yet no part numbers have changed.<br>
<br>
No seg will fit you perfect, you have to tailor them to fit. You may find one that fits ok, but a good fit is comfortable and easy to move in (and fight in). Poor fits are okay for show, but not if you intend to fight a bit...<br>
<br>
I think you could use some of the old plates, (though the shoulders were quite large). But unless youare one of the lucky few, your loricas will require a bit of work. <p>Rusty Myers<br>
www.SouloftheWarrior.com Commander, Legio VI FFC<br>
www.LEGVI.com </p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka balteus question maius 11 2,911 10-31-2007, 02:21 AM
Last Post: Crispvs