Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Legio II Augusta are Hampshire-based.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Legio II Augusta are Hampshire-based.

Hello Robert

Thank you for the information...much appreciated.

Andy
Granpa/Andy
And I'm based in Surrey too- if I can be of any help, just ask (though no guarantees that any answer will be correct or even mildly useful!)
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Quote:And I'm based in Surrey too- if I can be of any help, just ask (though no guarantees that any answer will be correct or even mildly useful!)

Hello Paul
Thanks for that,are you a member of any re-enactment groups/do you know of any in surrey.

Andy
Granpa/Andy
Hello all. I am a newly trained legion hoping to rise in the ranks and one day fullfill my fathers spot as praetorian to the emperor. Ha j/k its great to be here.
Curt Tomlinson, Expertise in praetorian knowledge, long live S.P.Q.R.
Quote:Hello all. I am a newly trained legion hoping to rise in the ranks and one day fullfill my fathers spot as praetorian to the emperor. Ha j/k its great to be here.

So you're about 6000 men? Or do you maen legionary. Big Grin

Welcome on RAT. Hope you'll enjoy your membership.

But don't forget to make sure you've read the forum rules, about your signature before some mod spots you Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:Hello all. I am a newly trained legion hoping to rise in the ranks and one day fullfill my fathers spot as praetorian to the emperor. Ha j/k its great to be here.

Hiya, welcome!
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Welcome from a fellow newbie!
Regards,

Syr Ateas/Marika

Bronze and Iron Age Archaeology covering Scythians (Center for the Study of Eurasian Nomads):
[url:2wfjs7br]http://www.csen.org/[/url]
You are correct, legionary lol. Great to be here!!
Welcome to RAT, Curt. Where in Maryland are you? Most of Legio XX is in the DC area.
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Hey i live up in the upper most north eastern county. Cecil County. Bout 2 hrs away from DC. But ive always wanted to try re-enactments.
Curt, I just PM'd you about Legio XX
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I dont know if anyone here can help me with this but....i want to get a tattoo saying S.P.Q.R. and need some photos ideas of how i want it too look. ANy help?
You'll get a traditional legionary brand; the number of your choice will be burned into your forearm. Don't worry about travel excpenses or anything, we'll come to you. It's not painless but it's quick :lol:

In all seriousness, just go for SPQR. The Romans, AFAIK didn't use the punctuation we do. Try finding the inscription from any classical structure, like the one in my avatar, and show it to the artist.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Greetings everyone...I actually joined up in October and finally getting around to post. I am very new to all things "Roman Army" and have found this forum very educational, if not overwhelming!

Glad to be here...

May you all have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

David Pasqua