Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Salve,

Un petit coucou de la Gaule!
Depuis le temps que je fréquente votre forum, fallais bien m'inscrire un jour.
C'est fait.

I come from France, and sorry for my english.
I'm the magister (administrator) from forum Armes et Guerriers au temps des Grandes Invasions
http://111935.aceboard.fr

V@le
Hi Olive, and welcome to the forum! :wink:

Just one thing - you must write your real name into your signature, that's a rule here..
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Looks like you have a great website... although I'm unable to read French, so I had to be content to look at the pictures... Well, I am able to discern an occasional word with Latin roots...
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Hi Valerius, ok for the name. :wink:

Thanks Primitivus, it's true that we like the photos, and this is speaking. :wink:
Quote:Hi Valerius, ok for the name. :wink:
You wrote it in your profile, not in your signature yet. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
ok, I understand now. :roll:
Welcome olive!!!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Hello Faventianus!
Quote:Salve,

Un petit coucou de la Gaule!
Depuis le temps que je fréquente votre forum, fallais bien m'inscrire un jour.
C'est fait.

I come from France, and sorry for my english.
I'm the magister (administrator) from forum Armes et Guerriers au temps des Grandes Invasions
http://111935.aceboard.fr

V@le

Bienvenu! Welcome!

I'm from Wervik (near Lille, but just accross the Belgian border). Your English is quite ok (much better then my French :wink: )... I guess most people on RAT don't have English as native tongue, so never mind the little errors :wink:

Vale,

Ioannus
(Jo Vansteenkiste)
Iorus Sarcophagus Ludens
(Jo Vansteenkiste)

Viroviacum Romanum (Wervik - Belgium) [url:2hhvemuv]http://www.viroviacum.be[/url]
legionair of Legio XI CFP [url:2hhvemuv]http://www.legioxi.be[/url]

"Nunc est bibendum!"
Hi Viroviacum.
OK Big Grin
Salvete Omnes!

Greetings all!

I have been a fan of RA.com for several years and have finally decided to stop lurkng and start particpating!

My name is Peter and I'm an American (currently living in Iceland). I first became interested in Rome about six years ago while trying to find a suitable niche of a hobby. I had previously been interested in the American Revolutionary war and WWII but was looking for something more "me". Being Italian-American I picked up a simple book on Roman history and got hooked. The military might and the composition of the political institutions absolutely fascinated me.

I joined RA.com because I want to learn as much as I want to share in all things Roman. I find my knowledge of politics and civilization is much better than my military knowledge so I am looking forward to improving it. The symbiosis between between ancient Roman Society and the Roman military is inseperable, and a true student of Rome must know both equally.

I haven't done any re-enactment (yet), since I have spent quite a number of years overseas in places where there isn't a lot of interest in Roman re-enactment (plenty of Viking re-enactors here in Iceland though!). My home in America is in Northern Virginia and if I ever get back there for a decent amount of time I would really like to join Legio XX since they are nearby. I am just beginning to acquire proper clothing and equipment but I won't be back in U.S. for a couple of years (at least) so I have some time. Until them...see you in the forums!

-Peter/Severus
Welcome to the forum Peter!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Salvete!

I too have been lurking for a while and have popped in to say hello.
So, hello!

My fiance, Ratty has already posted a couple of times, but I was too shy at first :oops: :lol:
Great site!
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
And hello to you Joanne!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
G'day from Melbourne, Oz. I'm interested in roman history and a war gamer.

alex