Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Welcome to RAT, Alex. Make yourself at home!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hi everyone,

A new recruit in the form of a Dutch bloke with a major interest in history (especially martial history), who stumbled onto this forum and just had to join! Wink

Mike
Mike van der Linden

You are not a busy man, you make of yourself a busy man.....
Hallo Mike uit Haarlem! Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hi everyone,

My name is Matt, and i'm from Ashby-de-la-Zouch in the UK. I've been interested in history for a long time, especially ancient military history. My current area of interest is the late roman army (3rd - 5th century mainly) plus late and sub-roman britain. Saw this forum when doing a google search and thought I'd drop in! Big Grin
Quote:Hallo Mike uit Haarlem! Big Grin

Ave Vortigern uit Houten! Eghm...mag je hier eigenlijk wel in het Nederlands berichten posten? Vraag ik me nu af.....Confusedhock:
Mike van der Linden

Quote:My name is Matt, and i'm from Ashby-de-la-Zouch in the UK. I've been interested in history for a long time, especially ancient military history. My current area of interest is the late roman army (3rd - 5th century mainly) plus late and sub-roman britain. Saw this forum when doing a google search and thought I'd drop in! Big Grin

HI Matt, welcome to another Late Roman fan!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:Ave Vortigern uit Houten! Eghm...mag je hier eigenlijk wel in het Nederlands berichten posten? Vraag ik me nu af.....Confusedhock:

Not really, no.. Maar we doen het soms toch stiekem Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Salve Mike!

Welcome to RAT, another Dutchie!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:Not really, no.. Maar we doen het soms toch stiekem

Heheheh lol, ik zal niks doorvertellen! Wink

Quote:Salve Mike!

Welcome to RAT, another Dutchie!

Another Dutchie? Where?...Where?...Get it of me! Whack it...poke it with a stick till it doesn't move anymore...before all hell breaks loose!! Tongue

On a more slightly more serious tone: Salve pelgr003 and thanks for the welcome!!
Mike van der Linden

Quote:Quote:
Not really, no.. Maar we doen het soms toch stiekem

Heheheh lol, ik zal niks doorvertellen! Wink

Schurken Tongue

Welcome Mike and Matt!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
My name is Christophe and i am from France, east part, near Germany and Luxembourg border, the closest famous town is Trier (in German)(Augusta Treverorum).

As lot of little French, my vision of Roman Legion was during long time through Asterix Comics :roll: :oops:

Hollywood movies or TV Show like Masada, had catched my attention but when i found a book full of picture of Roman Legion renactors wrote by Dan Peterson, i realize how far i was from reality Confusedhock:

Several years ago, not awar of any intel. and short of money i purchase a gladius, a puggio and one of those Imperial Gallic type H Helmet from the Spanish brand everyone knows :roll:
(talking of that need to find the way you used to build a liner to not hurt to much my head)

While being interesting in more modern Military History, i meet Dan Petersen in Arlon shotshow, and his replika Confusedhock:
Again, what a shock? those look like real but expensive...
at the same time, one summer i watch a group renacting the Legion in Bliesbruck site in France. Perhaps have seen so -, some of you.

Years later, i decide at least to jump in this era by purchasing with Ebay (i know i know :oops: ) a Segmenta Lorica, a Glavius, a scutum, a pair of caligae and a tunica (got news that it was finished now).
Sparing money for the Pilum and the Cingulum.

Due to the area where i live (please apologize for my English, i am not so good), i would like to renact a member of the Legio II Augusta
9 - 17 AD: Moguntiacum, Germania (Mainz, Germany)
17 - 43 AD: Argentoratum, Germania (Strasbourg, Germany)

So thanks you so much to let me learn and discover the Legio in your forum
Christophe (due to my job, have to keep Incognito)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cinecreatif.com/images/produits/160675-018_2.jpg-tbn">http://www.cinecreatif.com/images/produ ... _2.jpg-tbn
The Legio i choose in regard of my area from Wikipedia, seems now to told else thing, can just tell that i am interested in a 1st Century AD Legionnary, Hamata and Lorica, Coolus to Gallus Italic, best of 2 Worlds
Hi Christophe, welcome to the forum!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Hi,Christoph. Bienvenue.
I hope you enjoy your time here.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Thanks you for the warm Welcome (must learn some word of Latin :oops: )
I enjoy a lot, like discovering a new world, a kid in a toyshop :wink:
Christophe (due to my job, have to keep Incognito)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cinecreatif.com/images/produits/160675-018_2.jpg-tbn">http://www.cinecreatif.com/images/produ ... _2.jpg-tbn
The Legio i choose in regard of my area from Wikipedia, seems now to told else thing, can just tell that i am interested in a 1st Century AD Legionnary, Hamata and Lorica, Coolus to Gallus Italic, best of 2 Worlds
Salve Christoph,

welcome to RAT!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting