Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Another citizen of the Republic of Texas joins RAT...
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:I'm looking to create a Triarii impression. Mainly due to the fact I'm too old for a Hastati :lol:
Ah, you're not the only one. Just turned 53 this week...
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:I am putting together an ancient history summer camp for local home school families and found this to be a GREAT resource!
Sounds like a great project!
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:Not a re-enactor, but a collector of Roman coins, mostly of the 2nd thru 4th century.
I collect Constantinian bronzes myself. There are a number of numismatists here at RAT.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:I am really interested in ancient and medieval history, and of course in warfare.
Alas, warfare does constitute the most fascinating part of human history, doesn't it?
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:First, please be patient about my poor english
Bi-lingual people need never apologize for their second language, in my opinion. Glad to have you joining the RAT family.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
I agree, the fact they try is is all that matters Smile
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Exactly, so when are all you native speakers going to learn a second language? Shall we change RAT's official language? Any proposals? :wink: :wink:

And in the meantime, a hearty welcome to all newcomers of late!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:Exactly, so when are all you native speakers going to learn a second language? Shall we change RAT's official language? Any proposals? :wink: :wink:

And in the meantime, a hearty welcome to all newcomers of late!

Dutch I could live with :wink:

Welcome all!
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
No! Tongue That'd be the end of RAT for me, i'm learning German but i'm absolutely terribele...
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus

Quote:No! Tongue That'd be the end of RAT for me, i'm learning German but i'm absolutely terribele...

Römische Armee Sprache? Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
What do you mean, Latin? This is how bad I am, I had to use a translater to be certain what that said Tongue though I do have an excuse though, as I haven't been in a German lesson for over 6 months (been ill) and i'm only just starting to do some Germam again.
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus

Quote:Exactly, so when are all you native speakers going to learn a second language? Shall we change RAT's official language? Any proposals? :wink: :wink:
I was afraid someone might suggest something like that. Most of us Americans struggle with second languages. I studied Spanish in Junior High, and considered it challenging. Studied Latin in High School and realized how simple Spanish was. In college I took a year of Greek and recognized that Latin wasn't all that difficult. Then, at seminary, I was immersed in Hebrew and reflected on how simple Greek was.

All told, I've studied a lot of "foreign" language only to realize I don't have a particular aptitude for such pursuits...
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
I'm the newest member of the board, so thought I'd introduce myself. My name's Rick, I'll go by Ricktavius on this board (original, huh?). I'll probably be more of a lurker than a poster, at least initially. Roman is really not my expertise. I've mainly been an American Revolutionary and Civil War historian and reenactor, but a year ago I got stationed in Germany (US Air Force), and after visiting a few sites in Europe my itch to learn more about the Roman Empire finally made me take the leap. I'm also developing an interest in the Crusader/Knight era.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome, there is a lot of info on this board and the old RAT board I'll be reading up on, I'll try not to ask too many stupid questions!

Rick Rachal
Hey, welcome to the forums, don't be afraid to ask questions Smile
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus