Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
Dogma-by Kevin Smith (a.k.a.- Silent Bob). This is one of my favorite movies the comedy is hilarious and states good points. I like the Mooby executive scene the most.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
At the Cinema: Shutter Island

An interesting film by Martin Scorsese, not his best (Goodfellas) but a very effective thriller all the same. Many will guess where this film is going, and many will be correct, until the final line. Then you will begin to wonder again.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Not the last film I watched.....but I am surprised that no one here (unless I am mistaken) has mentioned Outlander (2008) starring James Caviezel.

The story may become familiar as it progresses but it is very well done and vastly superior to and not to be confused with, Pathfinder set in a similar period.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:Not the last film I watched.....but I am surprised that no one here (unless I am mistaken) has mentioned Outlander (2008) starring James Caviezel.

The story may become familiar as it progresses but it is very well done and vastly superior to and not to be confused with, Pathfinder set in a similar period.

Graham.

Outlander was a laugh, in a 'WTF?' sort of way, an enjoyable couple of hours.

But then I enjoyed Pathfinder too. Taking it as a cinematic attempt to show how the legend might have been remembered as it was passed down through an oral culture (whichy would explain why you've got huge, demonic Frazetta style 'Vikings'), I thought it worked quite well.

In terms of scando-tramp kit they were, of course, both utter bobbins.

Saw 'Up' and '9' (the CGI 'Stitchpunk' thing, not the musical) last week and thoroughly enjoyed them both.
"Medicus" Matt Bunker

[size=150:1m4mc8o1]WURSTWASSER![/size]
It's been around a long time (80 years), and on my "To Be Watched" list for some years, but finally I watched All Quiet On The Western Front. Despite the 100% American accents of the German soldiers, I found it to be excellent. Well filmed, dramatic (the prolonged scene of a French attack failing thanks to the machine gun will live with me for a long time) and engaging, I found it to be a worthy rendering of the book I read so many years ago. Definitely one to watch. *****
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
In AQOTWF, the thing that sticks in my brain is the short scene with the butterfly.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I go through periods when I watch and/or read certain genres. I liked All Quiet on the Western Front though it's been a while since I have seen it. Thanks! I think I shall watch it again.
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Quote:It's been around a long time (80 years), and on my "To Be Watched" list for some years, but finally I watched All Quiet On The Western Front. Despite the 100% American accents of the German soldiers, I found it to be excellent. Well filmed, dramatic (the prolonged scene of a French attack failing thanks to the machine gun will live with me for a long time) and engaging, I found it to be a worthy rendering of the book I read so many years ago. Definitely one to watch.

If you like "All Quiet on the Western Front" from 1930 then you should watch Westfront 1918 (from1930). This is the German answer to that movie. The story is similar but the result much bleaker. Personally i found the the final scene were the commanding officer goes crazy more compelling then the final scene of quiet on the western front. Als, the battle scene's are IMHO better and they use tanks in this one.

You might also like Duouamont: the hel from Verdun (German movie from 1931) and Verdun Vision L' Histoire (french movie from 1928). Another interesting one is the 1916 British propaganda movie "The battle of the Somme" by Geoffrey Malins and John McDowell.

A small clip from Westfron 1918 from youtube:
[url:2fl9kdr7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQOO6V8TI6g[/url] - the tanks are at 2:27 in this clip.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Watching "GLADIATRESS" (2004) right now, BBC. LOL

[Image: GladiatressSC.jpg]

hahahahahahahahahahaha

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

What is this?

Boudica meets Road Warrior meets .... I'm not sure what.

This has not made it to the US, yet. I'll have to watch for it. :?

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Perhaps the proverbial Dragons of the Sea will consume the films as they attempt the crossing, and we'll be spared?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Ok, here are some clips LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOjsmjnPp_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=genS0zvL ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdLWd9TbFJo

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Monty Python meets Gladiator and script writers get confused... :lol: :roll:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Ha Ha , I watched Gladiatress the other night too, had a good laugh.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I just watched Mystic River and I'd definitely recommend it. It's a sad movie, but the plot keeps you guessing. And Tim Robbins is very good... he definitely earned that Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
I won't tell any details about the plot because there's a crime, and most of the movie is spent solving it.