Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick list for new arrivals
Greetings,<br>
Some friends and myself have just decided to expand our WW2 reenactment activity to Rome and very obvious questions arise we have learned painfully while learning in WW2.<br>
There are stuttlers galore and it takes quite some time to learn which ones are good and which not so. Plus, through our experience in WW2 we know it better to get slowly a impresion together that is correct and good rather than going for some cheap alternatives which you will swap sooner or later for the correct gear.<br>
<br>
So, I do not really know how mnay times have they asked this on this board or if there is some list displayed that will make me look stupid but here it goes.<br>
<br>
For your reenacting experience and having in mind good gear which does not yell "farb" please could you give us newbies where to buy what? I know there is a great list at the Legio XX website but that is not enough for those who have really no idea. Should I buy Indian? who has Indian? Should I buy my swords there too? Should I buy them by the Inch? Wool, where? Caligae...<br>
<br>
Its just so much to know and to know where to buy what but we really do not want end up having bought wrong stuff when the price for the items is so steep.<br>
<br>
Our idea is to portray Augustinian Legionaries like you could have found at Teutoburg forrest and as secondary posibility the generic Imperial Lorica Segmentata trooper that most reenact here.<br>
<br>
Someone gave me this website to buy from since we are from Spain too.<br>
<br>
www.armillum.com/<br>
<br>
Is the material good?<br>
<br>
Thanks many times in advance <p></p><i></i>
[Image: ebusitanus35sz.jpg]

Daniel

Messages In This Thread
Quick list for new arrivals - by Ebusitanus - 12-07-2004, 10:01 AM