Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollywood Romans -- New Feature Film about...
Ben, your credibility here is excellent -- no fears on that account.

That said I wish this production would purchase your book, and those of Graham Sumner and Adrian Goldsworthy. In fact not only buy them, but actually read them.

Graves played with history in his novels but his foundation was strong enough to allow for him to erect his imaginative structure of a story. The same holds true with your own book, Forgotten Legion. However, when it comes to this film I doubt very seriously that any such foundation in history exists. Perhaps I am mistaken and the writer is well versed in Roman History. I will be happy if proved wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, the production company will bother to contact or even hire some of our members to consult and advise. Such a position is usually a thankless task. Acting as a historical advisor on a film can often be a fool's errand, but occasionally it can have a positive impact.

If noting else Ben, if this film is a hit, it might boost sales of your own book.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Messages In This Thread
Hollywood Romans -- New Feature Film about... - by Narukami - 02-13-2013, 11:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hollywood Romans -- Spartacus & Dalton Trumbo Narukami 6 2,569 08-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  New Feature Film on Cleopatra Narukami 11 2,785 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Kegluneq
  Hollywood Romans - New Feature Film About Pilate Narukami 16 3,969 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Alexand96