Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman soldiers and Parthian Travelers
I know for a fact that the Roman empire fought several battles with the Parthians.  I also know not all Roman solders were honest and pure.  I also know that the Parthian army defeated the Roman army several times during the reign of the Roman empire.  

I also know that Parthians often humiliated Roman soldiers that they defeated.  And the final thing I know is that major historical records weren't kept like they are in our modern era.  

I know that there is no physical record of any Roman soldier mistreating a Parthian traveler as revenge for being defeated by the Parthian army.  But I think I can prove a couple of things if anyone will help me.

I need to prove that some Roman soldiers were very angry about being defeated by the Parthian army.  I need to prove that some Roman soldiers were corrupt and willing to do things in secret that they wouldn't do publicly.  If I could prove both things, I could give reasonable proof that some Roman soldiers punished weary Parthian travelers because of the wars they lost.

Messages In This Thread
Roman soldiers and Parthian Travelers - by speedlearner - 05-06-2017, 11:50 PM