Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Hi Tim,

I am the optio in the reenactment unit, Legio III Cyrenaica, based in New England. We are the pilus prior century of the Second Cohort.

What part of New England do you live in? We have members in Eastern NY, Connecticut, Massachusetts (the greatest number), Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Technically at least one in Rhode Island, too. And we are not just military - we also have civilians.

We do a monthly program at the Higgins Armory Museum in Worcester, MA. The next one should be on Saturday August 11, 2012 - at 2 pm. I am planning to be there. I usually try to come to the museum in the morning to hang out in kit in the main gallery interacting with the museum visitors. They do have a Roman Montefortino helmet in their collection as well as a few bronze age items - on the 4th floor of the museum. The museum is primarily devoted to the Medieval and Renaissance period, and started as a New England industrialist's private and very ecclectic collection.

We also have associated auxiliary units - our auxiliary infantry are also based on an actual unit based in Egypt in the 1st Century AD.

Anyway, welcome to RAT! There is lots of good information here, and many very very good people.
Quinton Johansen
Marcus Quintius Clavus, Optio Secundae Pili Prioris Legionis III Cyrenaicae
Hello and Welcome to RAT, all the new recruits, since I last remembered there was a
newbie thread on here! Cool
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Welcome to Rushil, Lorraine M. Cody, Jeremy, Rob, Tim and Jake! This is a great place to hang out and to find out whatever you need to know about Rome's armies (if the answer is known, that is! 8) ). Enjoy.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Quote:What part of New England do you live in?

Connecticut.

Quote:Anyway, welcome to RAT! There is lots of good information here, and many very very good people.

So I noticed. :grin:
Hello All!

I just happened upon the site while doing a general search on Rome in Google, and I was immediately impressed. My name is Ray, and I'm from PA in the USA. For a living I work at a local packing and shipping company, but I've been interested in Ancient and Medieval military history for as long as i can remember, with Rome as the main focus. I read a lot of non ficiton and fiction on the subject, and I enjoy some video games (such as the Total War series) that are related to it. I'm happy to be a member of the site, and I'm sure there is a lot I will get out of it 8)
Welcome to RAT! Enjoy.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hi Ray. I hope you have a good time here.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
You've come to the right place. :-)
Greetings.
New here and to the scene. I have previously done WW2 reinacting, but have a special affinity for Ancient Rome. I'm located in Florida, and am interested in finding a group to link up with... A quick question: Can someone advise or direct me regarding building Lorica, as I' m sort of a monster size individual (62 inch chest and 6 foot 5) and standard Deepeeka... Well, there just aint no way... I'm not sure where to start, but I' d appreciate any and all help!
Welcome! Not sure about Florida groups, but our Matt Amt has a great site for making just about anything:

http://www.larp.com/legioxx/lorica.html

So it should help
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
My name is Maurice Hopkins. I live in Delaware and have just retired after teaching Latin in a public high school for 44 years. I am not a reinactor, although I own a sweet Fulham pattern gladius from Albion Forge. I discovered this site while looking for more information on the 43 AD RPG that I just downloaded yesterday.

I've been "gaming" for longer than I've been teaching Latin, but I had never found a good medium for Roman military role playing. I am interested in historical miniature gaming, mostly FOG, Impetus, and Warhammer Ancient Battle, not that I'm any good at any of them.

It looks like 43 AD will be both fun and relatively simple mechanically to play. An additional benefit from the game is that I found this site!
Welcome Maurice! May you have fun here.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hello Im Taylor from California!,

I am a high school student and I have been interested in Rome since i was very young... My Grandpa is a somewhat Historian, and he showed me the glorious history of Rome.

I am here because I wish to learn more and more about Rome and its military and make friends with the members here.

I do not re-enact YET* but I am Looking for Armor and clothing to buy... Does anyone have any good sites in the US that sell reliable armor, because I love to test my gear and would use it frequently.

As a high school student I am pretty busy but i spend a lot of my free time at home, reading about rome, or playing Rome Total War (don't worry this isn't the reason why i like rome) :grin:

Thanks - T
Quote:Hello Im Taylor from California!,

I am a high school student and I have been interested in Rome since i was very young... My Grandpa is a somewhat Historian, and he showed me the glorious history of Rome.

I am here because I wish to learn more and more about Rome and its military and make friends with the members here.

You've found a great site. Welcome. Confusedmile:
welcome Taylor, ask the quostions burning on your lips. A lot of us can help.
Have fun on the forum.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX