Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New recruits
Bon Journo Gabriel,
And WELCOME!
So awesome to see a fellow Italian here.

My family is originally From the village of Campo basso in Abruzzi but half the family migrated over to Rome at one point or another. Have never been there yet but hope to see it at least once before I kick the bucket.

So what are your interests as well as Roman history/Philosophy? The reinactment scene and the art or all of it like me?

It is truely a great honor and pleasure to see you here.

I wish you all the very best this truely is an exceptional group of very talented and knowledgable people who will be more than happy to assist you in any and all ways they can. Once again WELCOME home Gabreile!

Cheers!

Rick
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti
Thanks a lot, Rick! My family is from Piedmont (Northern Italy) on my mom's side and from the Roman countryside on my dad's side. As you rightly point out, my interests are quite "universal". I'm fascinated by reenacting. but more as a watcher than as an actor! And I'm fascinated by the "living history" research behind reenacting. For the rest, everything Roman interests me: language, society, legal system, etc. But again, many thanks for such a warm welcome!
Gabriel
Benvenuto Gabriel! Come hai visto RAT è divertente (in tutti i sensi), si imparano un sacco di cose (non solo in campo romano, greco etc.) e c'è tanta gente in gamba...

Welcome Gabriel! As you've seen RAT is fun (in all senses), it's conveying lot of knowledge and information (not only roman, greek etc.) and there is a lot of very good people...

Ciao, and optime uale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Salve! Gabriel!

Thank you for your post. So would you be Tuscany or? We are related to the Testas from that area.

Salve Daniele!
Never got the chance to talk to you before. So how goes it these days in Roma? You know now there is a site on the net were one can veiw sections of the city on live cam 24/7 very interesting and goes without saying bella bella city. Main cam focus on the Colosseum.

Might I ask you approximately how far from Roma is Campo basso? I was planning on trying to visit sometime next year to meet in person relatives I have never met. Thank you and it was a great honor and pleasure to meet you.

Cheers!

Rick
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti
Ciao Rick! Finally I know to who I can ask info for a New Zealand journey... Big Grin

Oh, Roma is not too far from Campobasso.

By train

By car and other: 226 Km

[url:1cqfqgaq]http://www.uni-erfurt.de/sprachwissenschaft/sle/school/arrival_campobasso.html[/url]

Just few days before you decide to take the plane send me a PM on RAT.

Vale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Daniele

MILLI GRAZI!!

I knew it was somehow approximately about as far way as Auckland is from here where I live. So around 2.5-3 hours drive I guess to Rome from Campo basso. That is a good thing as I plan to visit both.

I have been looking through the Roman real estate classifieds some gorgeous villas to be sure laced with much history.

BTW you are welcome here anytime and for as long as you would like. I live in the Bay of Plenty in NZs North island right in the middle of a huge Kiwifruit orchard called " The Aongatete Domain". Bilbo Baggan's house (whats left of it) is 15 minutes away OHHH yeah I go visit him all the time :0P

I almost died for lack of the native food down here so I had to dig back into all those years of culinary experience and now they ALL want my pizza and gnoccis. JUST like mama used to make-------before she sobered up nah it's pretty good.

They have antipizza down here I think it's called " Pizza Hut" lol everytime I see them eat it with pineapples on it I have to stick my finger in my mouth

I was quite serious so If and when you are ready to come down for a visit you have a place to flop and this entire area is rich with amazing sites.
Interesting thing about New Zealand is no matter where you hail from you will find some of it here. Thank you for your post and the Urls!!

Buonanotte Fratello!

Ricardo
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti
Hey guys,
I'm manuel, I live in the Netherlands, and I'm 17.
I did some research lately, and repeatedly noticed RAT. Eventually I thought I should just register.. So I did..
I'm a multiperiod reenactor, but I became interested in late roman cavalry lately, so that's one of my major directions right now..
I think that's enough information for right now..
See you guys!
Manuel Peters
Rick, you're welcome, and even if I've just had my lunch, thanks and buonanotte a te! Big Grin

Optime uale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Welcome manuel to RAT. Good to have another dutchie here.
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:Benvenuto Gabriel! Come hai visto RAT è divertente (in tutti i sensi), si imparano un sacco di cose (non solo in campo romano, greco etc.) e c'è tanta gente in gamba...

Welcome Gabriel! As you've seen RAT is fun (in all senses), it's conveying lot of knowledge and information (not only roman, greek etc.) and there is a lot of very good people...

Ciao, and optime uale,

Ciao, Daniele e grazie del benvenuto (tra l'altro anch'io sono Gabriel"e", ma all'estero l' "e" finale crea sempre problemi di identificazione Big Grin ).

Hi, Rick-

My dad's family comes from nearby Arpino (Arpinum, the hometown of C.Marius and Cicero), around 100 Km south-east of Rome although, unfortunately for him, I have a slight preference for my mom's region, Piedmont (north-west of the peninsula, towards the border with France), where I was also born.

Si valete, bene est. Ego valeo
Gabriel
Daniele,

>>Rick, you're welcome, and even if I've just had my lunch, thanks and buonanotte a te!

It was time to get between the sheets here that is why I said goodnight now I can't go to sleep because this site is becoming addictive :? shock:

Hope you had something real groovy for lunch

PAX ET BONUM!

Rick

Gabriel I guess there are just certain facets of a place that make it feel more like home our standing place. I have heard that part of the country is magnificent. Thank you

Cheers!

Rick

[/quote]
Titus Publius Saturninus
Richard Tonti
Quote:I became interested in late roman cavalry lately, so that's one of my major directions right now..
Hallo Manuel,

Last time I saw you it was at Archeon and you were one of the Texandrii under my command? :wink:

Welkom op RAT!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:I grew up in Rome and history...
Ah, how fortunate. And some of us have yet to even visit the eternal city. Though, God willing, that day will come.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:I'm a multiperiod reenactor, but I became interested in late roman cavalry lately, so that's one of my major directions right now..
One of my own particular interests (though I'm not a horseman). Glad to have you joining RAT.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:I'm from chicago, I got interested in rome from a sixth grade social studies unit (but now i have to learn about middle ages, and rome was a short unit Sad ) I'm here just cause I want to chat about roman and greek warfare, I'm a sixth grader, and an individual Legionary reenactor.

Wellcome Dan!

Have a good time here and don´t hesitate to ask questions.