Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you fight? 10 questions
1-What type of gladiator have you fought as?
I have never fought as a Roman Gladiator, but I'm keen to take some on. I use a Chinese Sword, or a Kopis with no shield.

2-Do you train regulary or just fight in events?
I train every day, and organise bouts with skilled people at their training halls. I have travelled world-wide to match with skilled opponents.

3-Freefight or choreographed?
Always freefight, but with rules for safety.

4-Have you got any kind of swordmanship training?
17 years of Kendo, Battojutsu and Jianshu. Now developing my own Kopis technique.

5-How do you find the appropriate stance and maneuvers for any given type of gladiator?
Yet to see. But on looks alone they look OK.

6-Do you use steel swords or wooden (or foam)
Steel, wood and bamboo.

7-Your toughest oponent type is??
I'm more than ready to find out. To this point, it is Mainland Chinese Jianshu teachers.

8-Most common injury while you fight (given and taken)
In training: I have a lot of scars, most not much bigger than an inch long.
In a match: Shoulder dislocation (taken). Shattered foot (given).

9-What incorrect equipment (if any) do you use to avoid injuries or for confort sake
My equipment is all incorrect by Roman Gladiator standards, although perfect for Eastern sword matches. As I develop my Kopis technique, I will be looking for worthy opponents, and so will inquire about the correct gear at that stage.

10-Considering that swords hit each other sometimes (at least for me), wich supplier do you recommend that has more "robust" blades (deepeeka dent too much)
I always buy custom. That way you can have any steel, temper and balance you want. That makes a lot of difference for sword-on-sword contact, believe me.
[size=75:1yb0q5t8]AKA Bennison N.[/size]
[size=75:1yb0q5t8]"All I know is that I know nothing." - Socrates[/size]

[size=150:1yb0q5t8]QVI DESIDERAT PACEM PRAEPARAT BELLVM.[/size]