Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
A few years after Tristain dies fighting alongside Artorius; he is reincarnated as a man with "one eye" and is a slave/warrior for a Norse Chieftain. :lol:

For an official look and synopsis
[url:2wq8d9l8]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862467/[/url]
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Quote:A few years after Tristain dies fighting alongside Artorius; he is reincarnated as a man with "one eye" and is a slave/warrior for a Norse Chieftain. :lol:

[url:2fzk1krm]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862467/[/url]

Thank you for that...made me laugh...a LOT! Tongue

Could cope with it until the ship , the Christians and the Indians...all a bit too right of field for me!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Rented: Percy Jackson, The lightning thief for the kids last night. They really enjoyed it, watched it myself later and I enjoyed it as well. Maybe a bit silly at times, but overall it's not too bad, Sean Bean as Zeus, Kevin Mckidd as Poseidon and Uma Thurman as Medusa. There is a battle against a hydra in the Parthenon Museum in Nashville, various other fun moments and the entrance to Hades is in Hollywood? That makes sense I guess. :lol: :wink:

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Yeap, make's sense to me. :roll:
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
Quote:Percy Jackson
Very different from the book, but that's not news, I guess.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Last night I watched 'Dead Snow'- Hilarious! :lol:
"Ein, Zwei...DIE!!!"- hehe!
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
As it is off topic, it is also out of period but watched Solomon Kane last night on dvd...brilliant! Not sure why this didn't get more advertising at the cinemas as it's a really good story, if a bit gruesome for a 15 certificate!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:As it is off topic, it is also out of period but watched Solomon Kane last night on dvd...brilliant! Not sure why this didn't get more advertising at the cinemas as it's a really good story, if a bit gruesome for a 15 certificate!

Looks very good! And starring Marc Antony....I mean James Purefoy :wink: Heres a peek:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... search=tag

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Kama Sutra with Indira Varma (a.k.a.-Niobe) I thought I recognized her before. Big Grin
Craig Bellofatto

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Watching Beowulf and Grendel at the moment.

Not bad at all !!

M.VIB.M.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0402057/

[Image: beowulf&grendel.gif]

[Image: beowulfandhismen.jpg]
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
"Watching Beowulf and Grendel at the moment."

I have that!
If you like that try "Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King" the story of Siegfried. It has Kristanna Loken and Max Von Sydow.
Craig Bellofatto

Inception. No comment needed, I think: it is fascinating.

What made it extra nice, however, was the cinema where I watched it: at the Potsdamer Platz in Berlin, one of the most spectacular places I know. I was there for the first time in January 1988, when the site place looked as it is depicted in the Wim Wenders movie Der Himmel uber Berlin / Wings of Desire. What a change!
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:Inception. No comment needed, I think: it is fascinating.

What made it extra nice, however, was the cinema where I watched it: at the Potsdamer Platz in Berlin, one of the most spectacular places I know. I was there for the first time in January 1988, when the site place looked as it is depicted in the Wim Wenders movie Der Himmel uber Berlin / Wings of Desire. What a change!

I have the Roger Waters performance of 'The Wall' on DVD which was filmed at this location in 1990, very cool! I listened to the live broadcast at the time and there were a couple of gliches in the special effects during the performance, which fortunately have been edited from the DVD version.

Philiades

Hektor, the Iliad
Shrek IV.

I enjoyed it more than II and III, it may even be better than the first one too. As it is a sory based on alternative timeframes, there are of course some loose ends, but who carres? It was fun!

Good enough use of 3D too, btw.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Arn: The Knight Templar. Cracking crusader film...MUCH, much better than Kingdom of Heaven, far less "Hollywood". Swedish made with some subtitles. A really, really absorbing story of Arn Magnusson...

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi887555609/

And then there is Outlander...spaceman meets Vikings to create the story which led to the legend of Beowulfe (well, that's what the movie makers say)...you have to be prepared to suspend belief at times, but a cracking yarn (except for the continuity howlers...) and lots of Freisian horses making stupid noises (why do they do that?? I don't know any horse that constantly snorts an whinnies...most off putting).
Moi Watson