Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparing Empires
Hi<br>
Came across this article today purely by accident--Pax Romana versus Pax Americana, Contrasting Imperial Strategies.<br>
<br>
Much of it sounds to me like a bunch of leftist hogwash, but it's kind of interesting nonetheless.<br>
<br>
By the way, I do admit to a knee-jerk negative reaction to leftist rhetoric so I find it hard to judge these kinds of articles with objectivity. I will be interested in any comments re: the article.<br>
<br>
www.fpif.org/outside/comm...mpire.html<br>
<br>
Wendy <p></p><i></i>
I will have to read; but what is the criteria for declaring a 'pax' anyway? Pax Ottoman? Pax Manchu? Pax Inca? <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Haha, the writer seems to know very little about the actual pacification techniques of the Pax Romana, or he wouldn't compare it so favorably to today's "pax."<br>
<br>
Pax, after all, doesn't mean peace in our sense of "kum-ba-ya" harmony. It means "order." Don't think the writer would much care to glorify that, given all the anti-hoo-ha over the New World Order.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
I htink htat the Athenian empire is quite a strong comparison to hte US at the moment. That is IMO rahter a rude hting to say though, certainly not preferable to being compared to Rome. A with us or against us attitude, active prosecution of a war in several theatres against the official enemy of the league. <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
I just saw her new CD; have you heard how she has bogus tracks on it?<br>
<br>
how about the Pox Madonna? <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A site comparing free web/image hosting Dagann 3 1,248 02-08-2006, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis