Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry
Quote:
Lucius valerinus:2gy2pxta Wrote:Yeh it is very much a what if question i guess, but the late empire as it was, was a weak thing military wise, I mean why was it that the arms of the past were able to conquer so much againist rediculious odds, but the later empire couldnt keep what it had!...

guess it was a silly question, i just think about things too much i think! haha

As pointed out an off topic subject but I'm sure you would find a lot of people on the site that would have a problem saying the Late Roman Army was weaker than that of the Late Republic/Early Empire.

It wasn't war alone that brought down the Empire and I understand larger numbers were against the Later armies. :wink:

A move of topic may be in order. Smile

haha i realised that comment might not be approved by many people, but its just my opinion about the later roman period, not even just military wise, but more the values of the empire were just messed up, I blame Constantine, never should have moved from the old gods Wink

I would move this topic if i knew how! :S
Lucius Duccius Rufinus Aka Kevin Rhynas.

"Fortes fortuna adiuvat".
[url:10c24pem]http://www.ninthlegion.co.uk[/url]
[size=75:10c24pem](work in progress...)[/size]

Messages In This Thread
Re: Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry - by Lucius Duccius Rufinus - 10-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Re: Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry - by Dogote - 10-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Re: Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry - by Dogote - 10-17-2008, 03:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hoplites at War: A Comprehensive Analysis of Heavy Infantry Williamhawk 1 6,564 01-25-2018, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Bardunias