Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry
Quote:When you say to use your quote "the Empire DID remain" we are talking of the Eastern part?But "their territory and tax base remained intact" only for a short period.

Yes, I do mean the Eastern bit - from the point of view of everyone in 476, the extinction of the Western half officially reunited the empire. I believe that their tax base and territory survived from that date until 1071... quite a long time, although I accept that the rise of Islam and the loss of Egypt/middle east put a dent in it. It is interesting what you said about a dominate period army wargaming favourably against late medieval foot!
R. Cornelius hadrianus, Guvnor of Homunculum, the 15mm scale Colonia. Proof that size does not matter.

R. Neil Harrison

Messages In This Thread
Re: Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry - by Dogote - 10-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Re: Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry - by Dogote - 10-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Re: Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry - by Gluteus Maximus - 11-05-2008, 06:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hoplites at War: A Comprehensive Analysis of Heavy Infantry Williamhawk 1 6,564 01-25-2018, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Bardunias