Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry
Quote:Peter said: 8) Some people on this forum only have eyes for the Romans, which is why they aren't objective in this thread.
Well, it isn't called Roman Army Talk for no reason. I have eyes for various other cultures and military groups, but this isn't the place to discuss them, so I generally don't. It's just called being a good guest in someone else's house, that's all.

This thread has no historical objectivity anyway, much like if I were to start a thread that said,
Q: "How would fully armored knights stand up to a 21st Century mechanized infantry assault? I understand that they were the best and most effective soldiers of their day, but how would the battle turn out?"
A: It would be brief, and completely one-sided, with the utter destruction of the knights, who would have no defense against armor piercing rounds, artillery and air assault.

But what does that prove?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry - by Dogote - 10-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Re: Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry - by Dogote - 10-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Roman Legionaries Vs. Medieval Heavy infantry - by M. Demetrius - 06-22-2013, 12:39 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hoplites at War: A Comprehensive Analysis of Heavy Infantry Williamhawk 1 6,564 01-25-2018, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Paul Bardunias