Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HALLOWEEN!!!!
Hey, Halloween is coming up really soon (tommorow Tongue ) so share any Halloween plans, funny stories, or whatever. Post some pictures to, whether you plan on being a Roman or not. I'm going to try posting some pics of me in my armor if everything turns out. I'm still working on everything, even on the day before I need to wear it.
If you don't celebrate Halloween, it's fun! Dress up!

-Nihonius
Nomen:Jared AKA "Nihon" AKA "Nihonius" AKA "Hey You"

Now with Anti-Varus protection! If your legion is lost for any reason, we will give it back! Guaranteed!

Carpe Dium
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Sick! lol. I hope that isnt you or anyone you know, lol! Funny though.

Now with Anti-Varus protection! If your legion is lost for any reason, we will give it back! Guaranteed!

Carpe Dium
Ok... true story time...

This morning I went to get candy ahead of the rush. As I am sure most of you aware, the US is going through elections. Twice the doorbell rang today. Each time I opend the door there were people with clipboards and flyers. I said "Oh my! Campaign workers! What scary costumes!" I gave them all candy and shut the door.

I have not yet decided between wearing my Trajanic period panoply or my Samurai armor tomorrow.

Ralph I.
Hahahaha, awesome. Good job, thats really funny.
You have samurai armor? Costume or authentic (not original, just realistic)? I'd like to see picks of that. I'm also a big fan of Japanese history. My name Nihonius is Latinized "Nihon" which is Japanese for "Japan". So is Nippon.

Carpe Dium
Quote:I have not yet decided between wearing my Trajanic period panoply or my Samurai armor tomorrow.

Ralph I.

Now that is a tough choice...a full set of samurai armor would certainly fit in with a scary Halloween look, particularly of you have a mempo and kuwagata.

I have gone about as a samurai before but only in kimono and hakama -- armor would make for quite a sight.

Good idea for a post Nihonius Smile

If all works out tomorrow I will post photos of our modest undertaking here in Burbank.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Yeah, I will post a pic of the samurai armor, but I have never posted pics before and I will have to bug Jasper for the space thingie.

The armor is newly made, based on one of about 1600. It has a few flaws you will find on close examination due to some modern production shortcuts, but that is to be expected. The new suits are made on demand to your measurements. Here is a site for newly made samurai armor:

http://www.samurai-store.com/

I will post on a new thread when I figure it all out.

Ralph
RALPH POST PICS!!!!

And great job on the pollsters...lol.

Legion: TBD
Happy Halloween all!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:"Oh my! Campaign workers! What scary costumes!" I gave them all candy and shut the door.
Haha! :lol:
I love that! Smile
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
Awesome! I always wanted to get a samurai kit together when I was younger, but all the nutters with the swords put me off (to say nothing of the prices) Confusedhock:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Why not paint your cat????

[Image: image011.jpg]
:lol: poor thing!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
It's always easier to paint cats in the Photoshop than in the kitchen.
8)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Peroni....i tried,my cat's now taking legal action Cry .
Iain Victory is Mine..stewie griffin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halloween Narukami 3 978 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius
  Halloween! Caius Valens 7 1,418 10-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Last Post: Dan Diffendale