Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lupercalia entertainment
<FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>It's never too early to plan! Legio XX needs to top the belly dancers (very authentic too...all in Latin) we had last February, and I wondered what I should pursue that would appeal to the broad sort of legionary interest. I'd like your opinions on the options below, but feel free to suggest anything else.<br>
<br>
Hey, I saw the Polynesians lately..not bad..</FONT><FORM method=post action="http://p200.ezboard.com/fromanarmytalkfrm2.processVote?topicID=636.topic"><table border=0 cellpadding=3 cellspacing=0 width="55%"><tbody><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="1"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Belly Dancers </FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="2"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Polynesian (you know, hula, grass skirts) dancers</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="3"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Matt Lateigne and the singing Legio XXX Canadians</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="4"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Real Roman musicians</FONT></td></tr><tr><td><input type="radio" name="choice" value="5"><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=2>Jenny as Rambo, probably popping out of a cake</FONT></td></tr></tbody></table><P><input type=submit value="Vote"></form><a HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/fromanarmytalkfrm2.showMessage?topicID=636.topic&pollResults=on><FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial" SIZE=1>Show results</FONT></A> <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Can I vote twice? Can't make my mind up... <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Well, if you fly me over, I'll consider it. Rambo?! Why can't I be G.I. Jane instead?<br>
<br>
Oh yeah, but I'd have to shave my head...<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
HAHA! I just tipped the scale for the canadian quartette... <p></p><i></i>
wasn't hte lupercalia hte sacurging with whips of barren women? Or hte men in goats skins prancing through hte streets. Sounds like there's plenty of authentic oppurtunities for non static display htere. Or perhaps i've jsut been going to hte wrong parties... <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
Ah, naked men running around the Palatine striking women across the palms with goat strips. I haven't had any volunteers yet, but the women are waiting....<br>
<br>
<p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
I just voted for myself, but i think it counts anyway. Count me in Rich...can't sing worth a damn, but I can slap a few palms...if you know what I mean... <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" Coh I<br>
<br>
"Nothing happens to any man, which he is not formed by nature to bear."<br>
<br>
- Marcus Aurelius<br>
<br>
- Number of posts: current +1248</p><i></i>
Well!!!!!!!!<br>
<br>
I for one say that if we have a party with RAT one day, and have all of this... i will definetely be there!!!<br>
<br>
The best part of it of course Jenny jumping out of a Cake!! (we need Apicivs for the Recepy)<br>
<br>
I for one agree with her on the name.... it should be GI JEN!!!<br>
and for the shaved head...... well i knof of a few lovely hairdo's which would not only look massively attractive, but also fierce and bold!!!<br>
<br>
no i am not talking about bald here!!! hahahahaha<br>
<br>
Lets get together and create a party!!! hehehehehe....<br>
<br>
PS, Jen should be properly armed!!<br>
<br>
regds......<br>
<br>
M.VIB.M. <p>V COH II<br>
LEGIO X GEMINA<br>
EX GER INF</p><i></i>
It would be difficult to maintain authenticity if you have naked guys prancing around with bloody goat thongs. Why? Because most modern Western males are circumcised, unlike ancient Romans who considered this to be a barbaric ritual mutilation. I guess a prosthesis could be crafted: maybe suitably painted duct tape. You can fix anything with duct tape. <p></p><i></i>
Isn't it only the US where most men are circumcised? (Sorry the USA <strong>is</strong> the Western world ) Most men in this country aren't, not suer about the rest of Europe but I think au naturel is the norm there as well. Could be wrong though <p></p><i></i>
In the name of heaven Catiline, how long do you propose to exploit our patience..
ehh, at least here in NL and probably the rest of Europe, most men also aren't cirsumcised (exept Jews and Muslims of course). Puzzels me why anyone want to circumcise himself when it isn't because of his religion??<br>
The pain, the horror...<br>
<br>
bit off-topic but...<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pelgr003>pelgr003</A> at: 7/14/03 9:10 pm<br></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Part of it has to do with fashion. As followers of the Roman army and such, you all should know how much "le haute couture" can play on cultural trends. Besides, a touque looks goofy. I'll stick to my bald eagle, thanks.<br>
<br>
(oh and jeroen, the decision is usually made by the parents, when the baby is born...it's not a concious one on our parts.) <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" Coh I<br>
<br>
"Nothing happens to any man, which he is not formed by nature to bear."<br>
<br>
- Marcus Aurelius<br>
<br>
- Number of posts: current +1248</p><i></i>
Jenny can play chief Vestal and make rulings on individuals.. <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
RAT member #6?
Oh boy! I will roleplay Venus Voluptua, goddess of the ample bosom...<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny<br>
<br>
P.S. Seriously, I would probably pick the real musicians, when the time comes, but if they sound like Synaulia's CD, you might not have a very good time! "Cacophonous," is the word, I believe... <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
And if you still want them, put them in a BIG room where the sound aren't reverberated by ceilings and walls.<br>
<br>
Maybe I have a trauma from sitting too near the loudspeakers producing Synaulia's sound in Xanten... <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lupercalia Libitina 29 5,435 02-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  io lupercalia richsc 2 2,406 02-18-2002, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Anonymous