Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greek loin cloth
Can anyone point me in the right direction towards finding out how to make an Ancient Greek loincloth a Spartan or Hoplite would wear?

Thanks,

Joe
They all went "commando". Easy enough to be authentic here, but at the risk of exposing one's self in public, I recommend something flesh-toned and non boxer. :oops:
Bill
Any other suggestions? I'm looking for something similar to those worn in the Spartacus tv show.

Things,

Joe
Quote:Any other suggestions? I'm looking for something similar to those worn in the Spartacus tv show.

Well, I'm in the impression that 'ancient greek' and 'Spartacus tv show' are two different things.

But well, all you would need is a piece of fabric, 3 meters in length and 35cm broad to make you a simple loincloth.
ALA I BATAVORUM
What I need are instructions
Joe,

Try this principle - it's much like a diaper or Indian (native American) loin cloth. After you tie the rope, tuck (or roll) the excess flaps around the rope. You might even want to put the knot to one side, so as to be able to re-tighten it later.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill
Quote:What I need are instructions

Or try google.
ALA I BATAVORUM
There was this on FB a while back! More Sparticus than Greek, maybe....

[attachment=5340]45352_369135956496523_1591217412_n.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel