Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show here your Roman soldier impression
Brilliant additions Jyrki!!
Quote:Common miles and an officer :wink: ...
NOT! Auxilia palatina, at the least, or schola perhaps. For a dux you need a decorated sagum, I think. And a gilded torc! Wink
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Brilliant additions Jyrki!!
Virilis post=310761 Wrote:Common miles and an officer :wink: ...
NOT! Auxilia palatina, at the least, or schola perhaps. For a dux you need a decorated sagum, I think. And a gilded torc! Wink

Auxilia Palatina and then some Wink ! Thanks Robert, I feel the pressure rising...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Looking good, so what's next (apart from the pretty cloak decor of course) ;-)

Nice to see the Squamata finally arrived!
Marc Byrne
Where did the Greaves come from, I've just got a plain Kunzig pair and notice yours appear to be beautifully embellished!

The shield is also a lovely item, your own artwork.

I can reccommend Claire Marshall if you wanted a decorated Sagum, exceptional quality of work!

Really excellent impression.
Marc Byrne
Thanks Marc!

In fact I have something coming from Claire! The greaves are Deepeeka's hippika gymnasia greaves with knee caps cut off...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Cool one! The colour combinations look really nice,especially in the snow, but I must admit I liked your old armour better, it was more unique...
------------
[Image: regnumhesperium.png]
Quote:Cool one! The colour combinations look really nice,especially in the snow, but I must admit I liked your old armour better, it was more unique...

Thanks Kai! In fact I would love to find a suitable lorica musculata to go with this impression...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
As what was said above, the colour combination works perfectly.
Your new stuff is really beautiful, and those photos are great !
Thanks for sharing them.
Sebastien THIRIET

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Blog on history (FR):
http://unehistoirepourtous.over-blog.com/
Thanks Sebastien!
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Cracking kit!

(How long is that spatha you have, pommel to point?)
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Cracking kit!

(How long is that spatha you have, pommel to point?)

Hi Moi! The spatha (without the scabbard) is from pommel to the tip 89 cm...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Thank you.

PM on it's way to you (don't want to clutter this thread!)
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Well, that's blue. Nice impression, nevertheles!. Well done. Hope to meet you and watch some of the equipment in real soon Big Grin
ALA I BATAVORUM
I think it is time that RAT got the necessary permissions and published a calendar for 2013 and beyond. How many themes could be achieved? It could raise some revenue for upkeep of the site and organisations of RAT conferences? Or is it just too hard?

lovely work ladies and gents Big Grin
regards
richard Robinson
This thread just passed 3000 replies. Is that special, or what? Cool
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Paul Elliott 20 11,208 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Tadius Danartus 14 6,688 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar