Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show here your Roman soldier impression
I agree with Kai.
Also while it may seem easy for some toa ask questions about kit they see posted, the
line of questioning may seem to obtuse to some to ask, untiul someone else does it....
So it is good to see the questions generated by threads from all angles.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I agree with Kai.
Also while it may seem easy for some toa ask questions about kit they see posted, the
line of questioning may seem to obtuse to some to ask, untiul someone else does it....
So it is good to see the questions generated by threads from all angles.

A good point Byron, however do you have any suggestions how we can clean up a 151 page thread that is more talk than impressions?
Quintus Furius Collatinus

-Matt
Another forum I frequent visit has a sort of gallery that simply contains all photo's ones posted or uploaded. Organized per member.
Folkert van Wijk
Celtic Auxilia, Legio II Augusta.
With a wide interrest for everything Celtic BC
our first, as registered society "gentes danubii - lebendige geschichte" late roman event " konstantin lässt grüssen" in the archaeological park carnuntum:

photos anita:
Konstantin lässt grüßen

photos firiel:
Konstantin lässt grüßen

photos archaeological park carnuntum:
APC - Konstantin lässt grüßen
Quote:our first, as registered society "gentes danubii - lebendige geschichte" late roman event " konstantin lässt grüssen" in the archaeological park carnuntum:
I know it's not your first event of course Wink but as a first 'official' one - not bad at all! Thanks for the images Martin.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Big Grin Thank you Martin.
Quote:I know it's not your first event of course :wink: but as a first 'official' one

thats right, robert Big Grin

Quote:not bad at all!

thank you :-D

Quote: :-D Thank you Martin.

gern geschehen :grin:
A poster for the "Limesreis" (Limestour) series of events along the Dutch Limes next month, finishing at the Nijmegen Romeinenfestival

[Image: limesreisPosterKlein.jpg]
ALA I BATAVORUM
Wow! An impressive uniform!!
Patrick D.
The guys armor on the front looks familiar but I can't remember the faceWink
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
Nice picture Jurjen. I just have one question because I think it adds nicely to your impression. The neck torc......why have you chosen to wear one for a Roman centurion? Is it because torcs were also something that the Romans adopted so why not a neck torc? The reason I ask is because I too thought about it but was not sure if it made sense to do so.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Quote:Nice picture Jurjen. I just have one question because I think it adds nicely to your impression. The neck torc......why have you chosen to wear one for a Roman centurion? Is it because torcs were also something that the Romans adopted so why not a neck torc? The reason I ask is because I too thought about it but was not sure if it made sense to do so.

Well, basically my kit has lots of local influences and I'm portraying an officer from local (e.g. Batavian) origin. Using the neck-torque is a local influence, which we also know was used within the auxilia cavalry. See also my checkered official cloak, for instance.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Excellent impression,i fully support the local influence. Too much reliance is placed on monuments like Trajans column. I too recreate a Batavian auxiliary wearing segmentata in line with archaeological finds in both auxiliary forts and finds from the Netherlands.
Richard Craig AKA Aulus Maximus
Cohors I Tungrorum
Cohors I Batavorum
Thanks Jurjen for the reply. I too agree that if anyone would be stationed in the frontiers or places other than Rome, that there definitely would be something that will catch the eye. I know that when I go traveling around, there is apparel that I normally would not entertain but in the ambiance in which I see it makes it attractive to wear.
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Hello !

Some pictures of Viaromana :

http://www.viaromana.com/auxilia.nsf

Go to "Auxilia" et "Au fil des siècles..."
Quintus Julius Furius
Sébastien Lemoine

[Image: copie2debanniere1002n.jpg]

http://www.asso-viaromana.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Paul Elliott 20 11,213 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Tadius Danartus 14 6,691 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar