Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show here your Roman soldier impression
Any chance of getting a pair?
I have had no response from Cacaius to any of my enquiries in the last few months! Sad
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Ave, comilitones!

Well, I finally have gotten my Centurio impression put together to the point where I'm ready to post a picture, and finally got a shot I'm fairly pleased with (thanks to Jared Fleury, aka Florentius):

[Image: CENTURIO.jpg]

The pic was taken at this year's Old Fort MacArthur Days event in San Pedro, CA. There's still some "tweaking" and improving to do, but after nearly two decades at this, I'm nearly there.

Also, note Legio VI's new leather contuburnium tent in the background!

Ave Centurio,

Your kit is an inspiration to the rest of us who serve under you. Under your leadership our Legio has achieved recognition for its esprit de corps !

Well deserved laudes to you Big Grin

~Theo
Jaime
Quote:Any chance of getting a pair?
I have had no response from Cacaius to any of my enquiries in the last few months! Sad

He is probably on vacations...Cacaius is a man that travel alot every year.. i know that :lol:

=================================================

Good looking kit Paul! Smile ....the Centurio is awesome as well!

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Since a lot of RAT members liked these 2 pics Ill post them here Centurion LEG V Caesarian.
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
[Image: 5.jpg]
[Image: 4.jpg]
These were taken 17 years ago :lol: :lol: I can tell I havent aged that well :lol: :lol:
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Quote:I am finally getting around to posting a pic of my revamped kit.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p309 ... 020620.jpg
Hey! that's a helluva great impression!!!
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Quote:These were taken 17 years ago :lol: :lol: I can tell I havent aged that well :lol: :lol:

17 Years!!! Confusedhock: You're a veteran at re-enactment!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yes Vortigern in July I did my 20 years ,but the evil Emperor with the aid of the nasty :twisted: Centurion will not release me until 2043 AD I must march ( if foot is well :lol: ) to celebrate the 2000 aniversary of the invation of Brittania. Then they :lol: :lol: we may extend to 2054 AD to do Caesars as well :lol: :lol:
Regards Brennivs :lol:
At least I can be a Centurion for the last one Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Quote:Yes Vortigern in July I did my 20 years ,but the evil Emperor with the aid of the nasty :twisted: Centurion will not release me until 2043 AD I must march ( if foot is well :lol: ) to celebrate the 2000 aniversary of the invation of Brittania. Then they :lol: :lol: we may extend to 2054 AD to do Caesars as well :lol: :lol:
Regards Brennivs :lol:
At least I can be a Centurion for the last one Big Grin

Nevermind, Tony. If you are too old or your foot has dropped off by then, I'm sure your comrades will prop you up by strapping you to an onager and wheel you along with the rest of the march- (just hope they remember to untie you before someone shouts 'Iacite!' ):wink: Big Grin
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
AVETE!
I persuaded my father to join Roman army few months ago...now, here is his new vexillarius impression -
Martin
Very nice Martin! Can you tell me the dimensions of the tunic with clavi in the second picture?
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:Very nice Martin! Can you tell me the dimensions of the tunic with clavi in the second picture?

Thanks Jef...dimensions of the tunic are 120cm wide and 115cm high, clavii are 4cm wide. :wink:
Martin
Martin, what colour are the clavi? Are they from cacaius?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:now, here is his new vexillarius impression -

very nice impression, martin Big Grin D D
Thanks folks, I am planning phaleras for my father in the future...

Quote:Martin, what colour are the clavi? Are they from cacaius?

Father's clavii are blue. Unfortunately Cacaius's tunics are too expensive for me, so I sewed my own from fine linen (total cost 15Euro :wink: )...

Here is mine with black clavii -
[Image: tunic.jpg]
Martin
Holy Apparition! There's a ghost standing behind you! Look out!

Very nice tunic, though. Worth a laud!
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Paul Elliott 20 11,211 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Tadius Danartus 14 6,689 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar