Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show here your Roman soldier impression
Looking very good with a nice-looking calm horse. Excellent!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Very nice shots and impressive !
My horse on his first 'public training' last week in Museumpark Orientalis, Netherlands. He did very well and did enjoy the kids padding him. Smile

[Image: mpoCav1_zps71d347b7.jpg]

[Image: mpoCav3_zps2c25a56e.jpg]

[Image: mpoCav2_zps1459fbf0.jpg]

[Image: mpoCav4_zpsac96f6b3.jpg]
ALA I BATAVORUM
Looking good Smile (although I assume you are going to change the noseband?)

Sadly my new horse wont like the patting bit! Too much of a warhorse... :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Jurjen.
Things are looking really good and your horse looks very cute to the children but I have to say I do like the helmet your wearing.
Brian Stobbs
Quote:Looking good Smile (although I assume you are going to change the noseband?)

Yes, the bridle is my training one, as my show bridle did unfortunatelly got damaged during a recent training and need to be repaired.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:

Yes, the bridle is my training one, as my show bridle did unfortunatelly got damaged during a recent training and need to be repaired.

Oh dear - I hope it is repairable! The bridle would look ok even if you just took the noseband off; your pony doe not seem to need it)

(And for anyone wondering why I mention it, the one in the picture is a modern, flash noseband without the extra attachment. I am trying to get Corinium Museum in the UK to change the one they have on their cavalryman model!!)
Moi Watson

Quote:My horse on his first 'public training' last week in Museumpark Orientalis, Netherlands. He did very well and did enjoy the kids padding him. Smile
Brilliant reconstruction!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hello all! I've not been on for a while, so I am going to post a few photos of my last years fun and games! Confusedmile:

[attachment=9972]934150_10151351169947132_238415486_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=9973]1231600_10151890312942132_2101105316_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=9974]1981958_10151890312642132_616069806_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=9975]10014531_10151890312492132_2053960724_n.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=9976]1262649_10151525027587132_1424596825_o.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Some of tis time away was spent time traveling, sorting out some nasty people!
[attachment=9978]1274730_10151525004307132_287326598_o.jpg[/attachment]

It was a dirty job, but was accomplished successfully!
[attachment=9979]65063_10151576255697132_362136121_n.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Who's the fella with the weasel and feathers on his head? i guess my question is what's he portraying?
Quote:Who's the fella with the weasel and feathers on his head? i guess my question is what's he portraying?

Irregular batavian auxilia. The helmet is based on a local find from Krefeld-Gellep (germany) of a 'pimped' imperial gallic helmet.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Yes Atius, we represent the Batavian Auxillia, who originated from the Rhine region of what is now the Netherlands.
Thanks Jurjen, Great stuff on he cavalry photos. When are you going to ride in the new helmet?
I'm still waiting on mine. 8-)
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Will be using it next week at the Nijmegen festival. Unfortunatelly (most probably) without the mask, though.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Why without the mask? Visibility issues? Or fit?
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Paul Elliott 20 11,208 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Tadius Danartus 14 6,687 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar