Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman military career - the EZboard way
When I hit 950 posts today, I expected to see a move up from 'Legatus Legionis'.<br>
<br>
And I got my promotion! To 'registered member' !<br>
Darn EZBoard.. <br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=vortigernstudies>Vortigern Studies</A> at: 4/13/04 1:08 am<br></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
You're not the only 'registered member' Rob!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Poor guys!<br>
Well, everything is copacetic from our end, so it is indeed a Mystery of Ezboard.<br>
<br>
Any other Registered Members out there? Pipe up!<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Hi Jenny,<br>
<br>
Can't you get a cool 'Founder, Vortigern Studies' or something similar? How about giving new members a choice to enter their Roman unit?<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
argh!!!, i´ve also been promoted to also a Registered Member!! <p>Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Hmmm... thoughtful pause.<br>
<br>
I recall at one time I offered new Primipilares the chance at their own legionary designation, and then there were moans about so-and-sos' reenactor unit number being spoken for, etc. So that was binned under the "too much trouble" category.<br>
<br>
If I consider someone well-known in Roman studies, most often as a published author or academic, I'll often create a custom designation for them. Occasionally, people with special projects or websites are given a custom title, although that's usually just a case of admin magnanimity, rather than an entitlement. If you own a website that qualifies as a contribution to Roman studies, send me the link and ask for a custom designation. I'll consider it.<br>
<br>
If others would like to be so customized, I'd say 1000 posts would be a worthy RAT accomplishment.<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
OK Jenny,<br>
<br>
Now that is a kind offer.<br>
<br>
My website which I'd like to put before your consideration is: [url=http://www.fectio.org.uk/" target="top]FECTIO[/url]<br>
<br>
For a custom designation either<br>
"Webmaster, Vortigern Studies" (Vortigern Studies being the master website which overlies all other websites with a Late Roman/post-Roman subject).<br>
<br>
Or, if you prefer a more Re-enactment-related one:<br>
"Fectienses seniores"<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
That's not fair dammit! I have anothe 1,248 posts that should be added to my count, but cuz my cookies got messed up one day, they disappeared!<br>
<br>
Jenny, could you not put a legion title under our avatar, and then the location? Mine could read: LEG XX VV and then under it "Canada" or perhaps the province as well. <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
snort<br>
<br>
Hibernicus..<br>
.....oops! I mean Maximus Minimus <p></p><i></i>
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Quote:</em></strong><hr> That's not fair dammit! I have anothe 1,248 posts that should be added to my count, but cuz my cookies got messed up one day, they disappeared! <hr><br>
<br>
So can't you figure out how to edit the cookie? You're bigger computer whiz than I...<br>
<br>
And Mon Capitane... do I get a spiffy <strong>reenactor.Net</strong> title? I am pulling down 13+ gigs of pipe (that's transfer rate, you dirty minded sods) a month for the honor of reenactordom.<br>
DMV<br>
<p>DECIMUS MERCATIUS VARIANUS<br>
<br>
LEGIO IX HISPANA<br>
NorCal Chapter<br>
<br>
Netscape Aim/AOL screen name: Sturmkatze<br>
<br>
Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt.</p><i></i>
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Cocaine or allergies messing with your nose Hib? <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
Well, much food for thought here. Matt, I think your idea about assigning all the reenactors to their "unit" is a bit labor-intensive, although appealing since I do lose track of who is who and where with whom, etc.<br>
<br>
I'll think of something for you, never fear. <br>
<br>
As for Fectio and Reenactor.net, yes, those seem noteable enough for a custom label. I'll see what I can do...<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

Quote:</em></strong><hr><br>
As for Fectio and Reenactor.net, yes, those seem noteable enough for a custom label. I'll see what I can do..<hr><br>
<br>
<em><strong>WAHOOOOOO</strong></em> Kewl beans... can it be reenactor.Net?? Ahm famous ;-Þ<br>
DMV <p>DECIMUS MERCATIUS VARIANUS<br>
<br>
LEGIO IX HISPANA<br>
NorCal Chapter<br>
<br>
Netscape Aim/AOL screen name: Sturmkatze<br>
<br>
Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt.</p><i></i>
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Three custom designations were issued today. Enjoy! (especially you, Magnus!) <br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny

well, it would be fun if we could have all our titles back (i don´t want te be a "registered member"!)<br>
<br>
EDIT, just saw the designations of Magnus,<br>
<br>
(meaningfull???) <p>Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://b30.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pelgr003>pelgr003</A> at: 4/26/04 3:49 pm<br></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ezboard acting weird Jeroen Pelgrom 8 2,182 08-13-2003, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Anonymous